Auto-lead Data Format (ADF) has been the standard XML file format for capturing online sales leads in the automotive industry for the past 20 years. The format is used to record information from online car shoppers—including customer contact information and specifications for vehicles of interest—and transfer that information between the various software systems used for customer relationship management (CRM) by marketers, dealerships, and service providers.
ADF has traditionally been useful for collecting data from consumers online. In most cases, the information came from car shoppers directly filling out their information into an online form and clicking submit, or from representatives of dealers and service providers asking for the data and filling out the forms themselves.
CallRail’s ADF integration represents a big step forward for a reliable customer relationship tool. Instead of relying solely on online means of collecting customer information, CallRail pulls leads from inbound phone calls—and automatically records customer contact and call information, creates an ADF file, and transfers it via email to your CRM.
Supercharge your ADF Leads
Whenever a call is made to one of your CallRail tracking numbers, our ADF integration records the caller information and sends you the ADF file. However, in addition to the standard categories of contact info and vehicle data that ADF is designed to record, CallRail collects a trove of valuable lead data:
- Recording URL (a link to the recording of the call, if you have call recording turned on)
- Call duration
- Tracking phone number
- Source name
- Campaign name
- Answering number
- Call start time
- Agent email (email of the person answering the phone)
- Landing page (where the caller landed when the reached your website, if the call came from your website tracking number)
- Last requested page (the last page on your website the caller was on before calling, if the call came from your website tracking number)
- Value (value of the lead, if entered into CallRail by you)
- Tags (any tags you’ve applied to the call within CallRail)
- Agent Notes
- URL data including UTM Source, UTM Medium, UTM Campaign, GCLID
CallRail for ADF in a nutshell
Automatically creating ADF files from inbound calls generates opportunities to derive new value from the format. With the CallRail ADF integration, you can:
Analyze your marketing efforts to see what ads and campaigns are working, and make adjustments to maximize your return on ad spend.
Empower your sales and customer service agents with detailed customer information.
Use call recordings to train sales and customer service employees.
Create faster turnaround with a smooth, information-rich sales process.
Sell more cars to more people.
For more information on our ADF integration and how to set it up, check out our support article.