AdWords has proven to be extremely effective in generating targeted leads and offers multiple features that allow advertisers to track the performance of their campaigns. One of the features that Google offers is call tracking. With Google’s forwarding numbers, advertisers can track calls generated by Google call extensions or call-only ads. In addition to measuring calls at a broad level, Google’s call tracking feature provides information such as the duration of the call and the caller’s area code.
While Google forwarding numbers can be useful in gaining some insight about the success of AdWords campaigns, it doesn’t provide all of the metrics that a data-driven marketer needs to optimize their marketing strategy. In this article, we’ll discuss what sets CallRail apart from Google AdWords’ call tracking features and how you can leverage CallRail to get the most of out of your AdWords campaigns.
How does CallRail provide more accuracy than Google AdWords?
CallRail provides an abundance of data that you can’t access with Google’s forwarding numbers. While AdWords’ broad call tracking information can be useful, it can’t beat the accuracy of data that CallRail delivers.
- Campaign-Level Tracking: One of the most obvious downfalls of Google’s call tracking feature is that it only tracks calls that are generated by Google call extensions or call-only ads. This leaves marketers in the dark when evaluating the performance of other important components of their digital marketing strategies. With CallRail, you can track all of your AdWords campaigns, like Search Partner Marketing or remarketing, as well as campaigns in other PPC platforms. CallRail gives you the big picture of your ads’ performance by allowing you to monitor the success of all of your PPC efforts.
- Session Data: Knowing the ad and keyword that drove a caller to your website is useful information, but understanding how the caller navigated throughout your site adds even more insight. With keyword-level tracking, CallRail reports each visitor’s web session from the first time they landed on your website until the moment that they call. Understanding the content or pages that compel visitors to call equips you with the knowledge that you need to optimize your content and SEO strategies.
Get more out of call tracking with CallRail
We’ve discussed the compelling data that CallRail can provide, but CallRail offers even more powerful features that allow you to get most functionality and knowledge out of call tracking. First, we respect that your phone number is more than just a number, so we allow you to use your tracking numbers anywhere you’d like in order to ensure continuity for your customers. On top of that, CallRail’s call recording feature and reports allow you to easily and effectively analyze their calls.
- Flexibility & Ownership: When you create a CallRail tracking number, you own that number and can use it where you want for as long as you want. With CallRail’s local and toll-free tracking numbers, you have the freedom to confidently put your tracking numbers on printed marketing materials or in online directories. If you’d no longer like to use a phone number for call tracking, just port the phone number to the carrier of your choice.
- Call Recording: You know which campaigns are generating calls, but how can you evaluate the quality of those calls? Enter CallRail’s call recording feature. This powerful call analytics tool is one of the most valuable components of call tracking. By listening to your recorded calls, you can qualify leads to get a better grasp of which campaigns are producing high quality leads. Call recording also provides insight into what your customers want to know or purchase. With this information, you can bid on keywords that you know that your customers are searching for.
- Reporting: At CallRail, we pride ourselves on presenting you extensive data in a clear, intuitive format. Our reports provide comprehensive visual representations of your calls broken down by source, landing page, or keyword. You can also use our reporting to understand the days and times that you experience the highest call volume as well as the last page that callers visit before they make a call.
Use CallRail to get the most out of AdWords
“If your Adwords campaigns are already generating leads, use the Google Adwords call tracking integration from CallRail to enhance the progress you’ve made. Listen to calls to gain insights about what your customer are talking about in order to bid on the right keywords. With CallRail, you’ll get the knowledge and data that you need to increase your bottom line.
Ready to use call analytics to optimize your AdWords campaigns? Contact us to learn more.