CallRail Privacy Notice
Effective Date: April 30, 2021
This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) explains the privacy practices of CallRail Inc. (“CallRail”, “we” or “our”). It describes the ways in which we collect, use (and don’t use), and disclose or sell the information we receive from you, including from our business customers who use our services to interact with you as well as information we receive via our websites (such as callrail.com and app.callrail.com), or the CallRail mobile application, in order for you to use our Services, which we define and describe in this Notice. Our websites and the CallRail mobile application are referred to collectively in this Notice as the “Sites.”
By using the Sites and Services (as defined below), you consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice, including having your “Personal Information” used in any of the ways described in this Privacy Notice, then do not provide us with your information. If you don’t provide us with your information you may not be able to use certain parts or features of the Sites or the Services.
Use of the Sites and Services by you following our posting of a new Privacy Notice on our Sites constitutes your acceptance of the Privacy Notice as modified. In the event we materially change the way in which we use your Personal Information, where required by law we will provide you with notice and ask you to affirmatively accept these material changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. You can also write to us at CallRail Inc., 100 Peachtree Street Suite 2700 Atlanta GA, 30303, Attention: Privacy, or contact us by phone at +1 888-907-4718.
Description of Our Services
The CallRail “Services” consist of online, offline and mobile offerings that help our customers track and optimize their call services, including software that can track and record customer calls and that give our customers the ability to use online communication for measuring marketing campaigns, improving customer service, and improving sales performance. Our services may change and be updated from time to time, and further details on our services can be found at www.callrail.com/services/.
Collection of Personal Information
When you register on our Sites or use our Sites or Services, we collect your Personal Information. In this Privacy Notice, the term “Personal Information” refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, email, and postal address, as well as other data associated with you that is deemed to be personal information under the privacy laws of different states or countries. Privacy laws may refer to such information as, for example, “personal data” (UK and EU), “personally identifiable information” (US FTC regulations and various state laws), or “personal information” (California privacy laws). We use Personal Information to refer to all of these terms.
CallRail collects the information on the callers that call our business customers through the dedicated phone numbers that our business customers have purchased through CallRail (or numbers our business customers have requested be ported into CallRail from another provider). This information includes: (1) the caller’s phone number; (2) the name displayed on the Caller ID (when available); (3) call recordings and transcripts of calls you place to us or to our customers when using our Services; and (4) other data that may be correlated through our business customer’s data sources (for example, customer data from CRM systems), personal data sources (for example, social contacts and email inboxes), and third party data services (for example, White Pages, Contactive, FullContact). The data is collected in order to display relevant caller information related to an incoming phone call. With respect to our use of data collected from third party data services, the transmission of such data is encrypted using TLS encryption and all data cached is deleted and is not stored by CallRail for any longer than necessary for business purposes. We do not share this data outside of the Services. We may use this data to increase the accuracy of caller information and provide more specific information to our customers regarding the call location, to describe the types of businesses that engage with our customers and to determine call histories for analytics purposes.
You may opt out of providing your Personal Information by not entering it when asked or by following the instructions provided elsewhere in this Privacy Notice and our Cookie Notice.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Personal information you provide to CallRail or our customers who use our Services to interact with you may be used to:
- Discuss products or services we provide
- Provide our services that you or our customers have requested
- Personalize and customize our Services to your or our customers’ preferences
- Make improvements to our sites and marketing campaigns
- Resolve requests for customer support
- Send information regarding CallRail, such as promotions, contests and events
- Send an email newsletter regarding information we think you will be interested in
- Comply with our contracts with customers and other third parties
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory or law-enforcement requirements
Disclosures and Transfers of Personal Information
We do not share with or disclose Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have your permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Information was obtained;
- The disclosure is to our credit card service provider in order to fulfill and carry out the purchase and provision of the Services requested by you;
- The disclosure is permitted or required by relevant law;
- The Personal Information to be disclosed is otherwise publicly available in accordance with the applicable law;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets;
- The disclosure is for our own marketing purposes, or, with your authorization, for the marketing purposes of third parties;
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with CallRail;
- The disclosure is in our sole discretion necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena, or government request, or in connection with litigation;
- The disclosure is in our sole discretion about users who we believe are engaged in illegal activities or are otherwise in violation of the CallRail Terms of Service or other contracts, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
- The disclosure is to outside businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our Site and Services, providing marketing assistance, and data analysis, including our service providers that may be outside the country or jurisdiction in which you reside.
Opting Out of CallRail Marketing in the United States
You may opt out of being contacted by us, or receiving such information from us, at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Current customers can either send an email to email@example.com or submit a ticket through https://support.callrail.com/. You may be able to stop receiving some marketing communications, such as emails, by using the “unsubscribe” option provided in our marketing messages. There may be exceptions to fulfilling your request as outlined in this Notice, such as for communications to our customers that are important for the use of our Services.
We may also email you information regarding updates to the Services and to send information regarding CallRail, such as promotions, contests and events. Again, email will not be distributed or shared with third parties and you can opt out of receiving any marketing communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at the time it is distributed, or at the time any individual registers for the Service.
If, at any time after registering for information or ordering the Service, you change your mind about receiving information from us send us a request specifying your new choice. Simply send your request to email@example.com.
Opting In to CallRail Marketing for Non-US Customers
If you’re customer outside the US, you may need to provide us with your express consent to being contacted by us, or receiving such information from us when you register to use the Services by selecting to opt in. This consent may be necessary in order to receive information regarding updates to the Services and for us to send you information regarding CallRail, such as promotions, contests and events.
Again, your email will not be distributed or shared with third parties and you can revoke your consent at any time to stop receiving any communication by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the “unsubscribe” option provided in our marketing messages.
If, at any time after registering for information or ordering the Service, you change your mind about receiving information from us send us a request specifying your new choice. Simply send your request to email@example.com.
The Site contains links to other web sites. CallRail is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites. You will need to check the policy statements of these others web sites to understand their policies.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
California residents have a right to be informed about our practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information. In addition, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Consumers have the right to request disclosure and deletion of their personal information, the right not to be discriminated against for exercising one of their California privacy rights, and the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by a business. CallRail does not sell the Personal Information of California consumers, and we do not discriminate in response to privacy rights requests.
- Identifiers such as name, address, email address, phone number, and other data listed in the “Collection of Personal Data” section above.
- The following categories of Personal Information described in California Civil Code §1798.80(e): (1) the Personal Information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” and (2) other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual that we describe in “Collection of Personal Data” above.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: none currently.
- Commercial information, including information about orders or purchases of any of our products or services; registration information, specials, and information you provide or submit to us when you participate in any event, program, survey or other promotion that we may offer from time to time.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites, advertisements that we display on our websites or on third party sites and apps, or accounts on third-party social media platforms.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be reported, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information described above.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behaviors that we collect on our customer’s websites or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
For more information, please see “Collection of Personal Information” and “How We Use Your Personal Information” above.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
We don't sell consumers’ Personal Information to third parties for monetary value. However, the CCPA broadly defines the word “sale” to include any sharing or disclosing of personal information to another party. To the extent that “sale” is interpreted to include interest based advertising or other data uses described in this Policy, we will comply with applicable law as to those activities. You can read more in our Cookie Notice, including how to exercise your rights to opt out of interest-based advertising.
We have disclosed Personal Information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this section on California Residents’ Privacy Rights for various business purposes and as directed by you in your interactions with our Services.
Your California Privacy Rights Under CCPA
If you are a California resident, CCPA provides you the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by law and within the time provided by law. In doing so, where we are acting as a service provider to our customers in our processing of your Personal Information, we may refer requests to access or delete Personal Information to our customers.
Right to Access and Information Regarding Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- The categories of Personal Information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to which we disclosed the Personal Information; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
We will deliver Personal Information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the Personal Information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with us, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you. We will delete such Personal Information except where a legal exception applies or where deletion is technically infeasible. In cases where we do not delete your data as requested, we will notify you of the categories of data we did not delete and why.
Right to Opt Out
Currently we do not sell your Personal Information, nor have we sold Personal Information in the preceding twelve months. We will update this Privacy Notice if this ever changes. In that case, you will have the right at any time to direct us not to sell your Personal Information, which is known as your right to opt-out.
Right to No Discrimination
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive different price or rate for goods or service or at a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your Personal Information.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- California consumers can submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call CallRail Support at +1 (888) 907-4718
- Current customers that have an account with us can make their request by:
- Logging in to your account and submitting a request
- Submitting a ticket through https://support.callrail.com/
California consumers may also authorize your agent to make a request on your behalf. If you use an agent, you must instruct them to contact us as instructed above. Please note that we may take steps to verify your or your agent’s identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. For example, CCPA requires us not to disclose or delete Personal Information if we cannot verify the identity of the person making the request, including verifying that your agent is acting on your behalf. We may also limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
Your California Rights Regarding Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California consumers also have the right to opt-out of our disclosing personal information about them to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you do not want us to disclose information to other companies for their direct marketing purposes, please contact us by any of the ways described in the “How to Contact Us” section above. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of such information, please contact us by any of the ways described in the “How To Contact Us” section above, and we will respond within 30 days as required by law.
California law also requires us to disclose how we respond to your Web browser’s “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services. We are also required to disclose whether other parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different Websites when you use the Sites. The section of this Privacy Notice on Third Party Advertising and Tracking provides additional information on this topic.
Your Rights if You Are an EU Data Subject
This section applies if you are an EU data subject (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, where applicable, Switzerland). The term “Personal Information” as used in this Privacy Notice means “personal data” as defined under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, or “GDPR”).
Under GDPR, CallRail is both a “Controller” and a “Processor”. CallRail is the Controller of Personal Information you provide to us about yourself as a customer or when requesting information about our products and services. For data you provide to CallRail or request that we collect as part of using our Services, including but not limited to the Personal Information we collect on behalf of our customers, we are a Processor for our customers, who are the Controllers that determine the purposes and means of the processing of your Personal Information by CallRail.
CallRail is based in the USA. Personal information and data processed by CallRail is transferred to our servers in the USA. When transferred, we take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, including encryption during data transit and storage. For more information, see “International Data Transfers and our Privacy Shield Compliance” below.
How We Use EU Personal Information
For data for which we are the Controller, we collect and use your Personal Information to respond to your enquiries or provide the products and services that you have purchased or take steps to purchase from CallRail, as described previously.
For data for which we are the Processor, we do not transfer Personal Information to third parties except to the companies on our list of sub-processors, and then only in order to provide the services requested by our customer. When we are acting as a Processor for a customer, you should contact the customer (as Controller) with any questions you may have about how your Personal Information is being used. If you contact us directly when we are acting as a Processor, we may refer your request to the appropriate customer who is the Controller of your Personal Information. If concerns remain, you may contact our Privacy Team as directed in the “How To Contact Us” section above.
We rely on the following legal bases for processing your Personal Information:
- Processing of your Personal Information based on your consent for such processing. You have the right to withdraw your consent, as further described below.
- Processing of your Personal Information that you provide to us (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, company name and role) when you request information about the CallRail Services or when you otherwise send inquiries about our Services and processing of this data is necessary to respond to or implement your request prior to entering into a contract with us or a Controller that is using our Services.
- We use account-related data to set up accounts for users in the Services and to administer and support those accounts (such as usernames, email address and billing information), provide you with access to the Services, contact you regarding your use of the Services or to notify you of important changes to the Services. Such use is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and our customers, or, where you are our customer, between you and CallRail.
- We may send you information by email or through other electronic communications on our new products or services or other promotions if you consent to receiving them. If you have not opted-in to these marketing emails, we do this either because we are relying on an exception to opt-in requirements or because of our legitimate interest to promote the success of our business.
- Our use of data relating to your use of the Sites and/or the Services, described above, is necessary for our legitimate interests in understanding how the Sites and the Services are being used by you, to improve your experience on it and our Service offerings.
- We also have a legitimate interest in aggregating and/or anonymizing or de-identifying the information that we collect through our Sites and/or the Services and using this information for our business purposes, as described above.
- When we process your Personal Information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you, and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your Personal Information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, unless we have your consent for our processing activities or those activities are otherwise required or permitted by law. You have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests, as further described below.
Rights of EU Data Subjects
Subject to applicable law and reasonable steps that we may take to verify your identity with respect to your requests, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Information. As noted above, where we are acting as a processor for our customer, we may refer your requests to our customer for response.
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Information that we control is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified or completed. Note that we may not be able to rectify data obtained from a third party such as a governmental agency or other data that we do not control, and you will need to contact that third party directly. If we have shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information and we will do so in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it (we may not delete your data when other interests outweigh your right to deletion, for example if we are required by law to keep it). If we have shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Information or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we have shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: With respect to Personal Information that we possess on or after 25 May 2018, you have the right to obtain your Personal Information from us that you consented to give us or that is necessary to perform a contract with you, to the extent it is available. We will give you your Personal Information in a reasonable format given the nature of the information requested and complexity of providing it.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Information, and we will do so if we are processing your Personal Information for the Services, for direct marketing, or otherwise. However, if we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Information and we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing we may continue; or you may exercise your rights by contacting us as directed in the “How To Contact Us” section above. Note you will be asked to verify your identity when submitting a request.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions that we make based solely on automated processing of your Personal Information, including profiling, which produce a significant legal effect on you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us, or with your explicit consent.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Your withdrawal of consent will not apply to or affect prior processing of data that was processed prior to our receipt of your withdrawal of consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your Personal Information, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
If you have an account with us, we may instruct you to exercise some of your rights above through account settings or features, or by deleting your account.
EU Data Subjects may contact us as directed in the “How to Contact Us” section above.
International Data Transfers and our Privacy Shield Compliance
Visiting our Site and Using our Services from Outside of the United States
Our Site and Services are hosted and managed in the USA, so the Personal Information we process will be transferred to and processed in the USA. The USA may have data protection laws that are different than the laws of your country; however, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your Personal Information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. In particular, CallRail complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information from the European Economic Area member countries, the UK and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. CallRail has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. If there is any conflict between the terms of this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
CallRail has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints from EEA, UK or Swiss citizens or residents regarding transfers of their Personal Information under the Privacy Shield Principles to an alternative dispute resolution provider. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may refer a complaint to your local data protection authority, and we will work with them to resolve your concern. Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel for EU, UK, or Swiss individuals.
When CallRail transfers Personal Information about EU, UK or Swiss individuals to other third parties, it will do so in accordance with the Onward Transfer principle of the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles. In these cases, CallRail is potentially liable if such third parties do not provide the same level of protection as the Privacy Shield Principles. More information on the Privacy Shield Frameworks is available here.
Retention of EU Data
For information on our data retention practices, see the “Data Retention and Destruction” section below, which applies to Personal Information of EU data subjects.
Do Not Track
Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative, http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/, that has developed a technical “flag” or signal that an end-user may be able to activate within their browser software to notify websites that they do not wish to be “tracked” by 3rdparties as defined by the initiative. The initiative, however, has not reached a consensus as to exactly what technical or other actions those parties receiving the signal should take. As a result, Do-Not-Track has not yet been standardized and most websites, including CallRail, do not alter their behavior or change their services when they receive a “do-not-track” flag or signal.
Cookies and Advertising Technologies
This section provides additional information about the various technologies that CallRail uses to manage the CallRail Sites and to deliver ads to you and Services to our customers, including services that collect information when you interact with our customers by phone or on their websites.
To learn more about the cookies and other technologies we serve (including how to opt-out of them), please visit our Cookie Notice.
Third Party Advertising Services
We may use third parties such as advertising networks, ad exchanges, and analytics service providers to help us serve, optimize and measure the performance of our advertisements across the Internet and mobile applications. You may see our ads on other websites because these third parties’ services may track your online activities across multiple websites, online services and mobile applications over time by collecting information through automated means, such as cookies, and they use this information to, among other things: (a) help deliver advertisements to you that you might be interested in; (b) prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times; and (c) understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements that have been delivered to you. To learn more about the third party cookies and technologies we use on our Site, see our Cookie Notice.
These third party tracking technologies are not controlled by us, even if they use our technology to help store or collect data. Except for the disclosures about third parties in our Cookie notice, statements in this Notice regarding our privacy practices do not apply to the methods for collecting information used by these third-party providers and others or the use of the information that such third parties collect. We do however work with third parties to make efforts to have you provided with the information on their practices and any available opportunity to exercise choice.
The relevant third parties’ terms of service, privacy policies, permissions, notices and choices should be reviewed regarding their collection, storage and sharing practices. We make no representations regarding the policies or practices of third-party advertisers or providers of tracking technologies or related third parties. You may wish to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, which provides information regarding this practice by Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members.
You may also be able to opt-out of receiving interest-based ads by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/control, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (“DAAC”) at https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance (“EDAA”) website at www.youronlinechoices.com. Similar limitations may apply to the opt-outs provided by these organizations. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third-parties’ opt-out options.
Opting out of these organizations only means that those members no longer will be allowed under their own rules to deliver targeted content and/or ads to you, which will affect this and other sites, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit their opt-out pages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, your opt-outs may not, or may no longer, be effective. Additional information is available on each organization's website accessible by the above links.
Google offers an opt-out mechanism for the web available here.
Please consult the our Cookie Notice below for more information about the types of cookies and tracking technologies that we use on our Site and why, and how to accept and reject them.
Correcting & Updating Your Information
Consumers who are not CallRail customers can request corrections and updates to your Personal Information by contacting us as directed in the “How To Contact Us” section above.
If you are a CallRail customer and wish to update your billing information, please log in to your account, click on Billing to update your information. Additionally you can contact CallRail support for more assistance with the Personal Information in your account: https://support.callrail.com/ To discontinue the Service, please submit a request with CallRail support. CallRail will respond to your correction or update request within at most 30 days from the date of your request.
Data Retention and Destruction
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to provide our Services or fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise required by our contracts or by law.
When determining how long we should keep data, we consider the length of time we will have a relationship with you and our customers to whom we provide our Services, whether there is a legal obligation that would require us to keep the information for a specified period of time, the reasons why we process your data, and the risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information.
We may also anonymize or de-identify Personal Information for research or analytical purposes so that it is no longer associated with you. If data is anonymized or de-identified, we may use this data for as long as we have a legitimate business purpose for such use, without additional notice to you.
Where we hold and process Personal Information for a customer as part of our Services, our retention or deletion of data will be subject to that customer’s instructions, and in such cases the customer’s retention and deletion preferences may apply. If a CallRail customer cancels their account (or it is terminated for any reason), we make no guarantee that the customer’s data will be retained following termination.
For more detailed information about CallRail’s Data Retention and Destruction please click here
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to information collected about our customers and our visitors at our Sites to our employees, our affiliates’ employees, or others who need to know that information to provide services to our visitors or customers or in the course of conducting our normal business operations. We maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information collected via the Sites and Services. We also advise all CallRail employees about their responsibility to protect customer data and Personal Information, and we provide them with appropriate guidelines for adhering to our Company’s business ethics standards and policies that relate to information security and privacy.
CallRail protects its databases with various physical, technical, organizational and procedural measures and we restrict unauthorized access to customer data and Personal Inf. While we implement these and other security measures on our sites, please note that 100% security is not always possible. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
Our Services and Sites are not directed at children under 16 years of age (or older where required by law), and we do not knowingly collect or receive Personal Information from them. If we learn that we have received Personal Information from a child whose age requires parental consent for processing, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to remove such data from our Services. If you believe that we have received Personal Information from a child whose age requires parental consent, you may contact us as directed in the “How To Contact Us” section above.
Social Media Platforms and Websites
Additionally, in the event that any one of the Sites offers a message board or any other interactive or social-type feature on a website administered directly by us, please be aware that these areas may allow you to publicly post, and share with other users, certain messages, content, or other information (e.g., stories, pictures, ingredients, tips, etc.). Although we may take certain precautions to protect those who use these areas of the CallRail’s Sites, we encourage you to be wary of giving out any personal information in such public forums. The information you post can be collected and used by people you don’t know. We cannot guarantee the privacy and safety of these areas and are therefore not responsible for any information you choose to post. Your use of these features is fully at your own risk.
- Assisting you in navigation;
- Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analyzing your use of our Services or applications, including how you interact with our customers’ websites;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioral advertising)
- Assisting our customers with the activities above
Below is a detailed list of the cookies we use on our Website. Our Website is scanned with our cookie scanning tool regularly to maintain a list as accurate as possible. We classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functional Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
A list of the cookies we employ on our Site is provided below. You can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the “cookie settings” button.
Cookies and technologies deployed through our Services
Updates and Notice of Material Change in the Use of Your Personal Information
We may update this Privacy Notice and Cookie Notice from time-to-time in our sole discretion. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Notice for any changes each time that you use the Sites and Services.
Last Updated: March 2021