New Research Shows Calls Are Up 19% for Businesses
We recently reviewed hundreds of thousands of calls to more than 500 companies that use CallRail to track all inbound calls. We compared calls from the second quarter (Q2) of 2014 and 2015. We found that these businesses, from various industries, registered a 19 percent year-over-year increase in call volume for Q2 of 2015.
More specifically, calls are up by 17 percent for May and 16 percent for June. April showed the highest increase in call volume at 25 percent.
What This Influx of Calls Mean for Your Marketing:
1) Your Customers Value Voice
Even in our digitally focused mobile world, conversions are often occurring offline. Why? Because customers still value voice:
- A recent Consumer Report Survey found that 9 out 10 people said their biggest gripe is not getting a human on the phone when they call.
- Google research found that 70% of mobile searchers have used click-to-call to connect with a business directly from the search engine results page, and that 57% of those people called because they wanted to talk to a real person.
2) More Conversions for Your Business
Calls are 10-15x’s more likely to convert to revenue than web leads and form completions. Consumers often research product and services online, but when they are ready to make a purchase decision, they pick up the phone – that’s why 61% of mobile searchers state that being able to call via click-to-call is most important in the purchase phase of the shopping process.
3) It’s Time to Get Your Mobile Strategy in Gear
More calls than ever are coming from mobile devices where connecting to a business is intuitive and easy with options like click-to-call. According to independent research advisor, BIA/Kelsey, the number of inbound phone calls driven by mobile search is expected to reach 73 billion by 2018.
One way to optimize your mobile strategy is by implementing call tracking. Call tracking not only allows you to track calls back to the mobile research that drove them, but also monitor the phone calls themselves with call recording. Insight from call tracking gives you the data you need to optimize your marketing campaigns with a better understanding of client behavior on the path to purchase, and what behavior leads to conversions.