How your business can benefit from call tracking
A successful marketing campaign is crucial to increasing your customer base and growing your business. With all of the marketing platforms at your disposal, it’s common to use many of these platforms together to build a strategy that attracts the greatest number of leads.
If you’ve adopted an online advertising strategy, you probably gauge the success of your marketing campaigns with analytics tools like Google Analytics or Google Ads. These give insight into maximizing the performance of important digital aspects of your business, like your website and pay-per-click (PPC) landing pages.
But what about all the leads you receive via phone calls? Wouldn’t it be great to have the same kind of detailed, actionable data to determine which of your campaigns are most effectively delivering phone leads? With call tracking, you can gather this information and much more.
How Call Tracking Works
Call tracking software works by assigning a different tracking phone number to each of your marketing campaigns, whether they’re online or offline. Each of these tracking numbers gets forwarded to your main business phone number, allowing your staff to answer as if the call were made directly to that line. Since the call first came in through a tracking number, you can get far more info on the caller than if they’d called your business line directly.
With a call tracking software in place, you can compare the phone traffic generated by each tracking number. Suddenly, it will be crystal clear that your website is outperforming your billboard, or that your digital ads on one site are getting way more traction than ads elsewhere. This all tells you which of your marketing efforts are providing a return on the time, effort, and money you’ve invested in them.
The data that call tracking provides can easily be turned into actionable steps you can use to improve your business and ultimately, this helps you make the best use of your business’s budget.
Installing a Call Tracking System for Your Business
Installing a call tracking system is a quick and easy process. With CallRail, your first tracking number can be up and running in a matter of clicks, and it can then be instantly routed to your main business line.
You can choose a tracking number with any area code in our inventory (including toll-free numbers!) and you can purchase as many as you need to monitor all of your marketing campaigns. When all of your bases are covered, you can get a much clearer understanding as to where your leads are coming from.
For your online campaigns, all of this is made even better with dynamic number insertion. This lets you track phone leads from each of your online marketing sources separately by showing site visitors a specific number based on the path they took there. Best of all, it’s automatic: you can have a tracking number automatically replace the existing business number without having to edit your site.
Benefits of Call Tracking
You can use call tracking to gather a wealth of important data that will help you optimize the performance of your marketing strategy. Some of the most valuable call tracking metrics you can evaluate include:
- Number of calls: You can receive detailed reports about the number of calls you receive as well as trends and patterns associated with these calls.
- Call duration: Find out which of your marketing efforts yield longer, more in-depth calls that are likely to result in a higher conversion rate.
- Call time of day and location: Find out what times of day and which locations produce the most calls and strongest leads.
- PPC landing page performance: Track the performance of each of your PPC landing pages to determine which are generating the most calls, most quality leads, and the best conversion rate.
- Keywords: Visitor-level call tracking through a website pool shows which keywords are driving the most traffic to your site, so you see what leads searched for to find your number.
In addition, you can use call tracking to evaluate the performance of any of your customer-facing teams. Find out which members of your team convert the most leads. This data can be extremely valuable when deciding how to route calls among your team and who deserves a raise or promotion. You can also use this data to identify the most important training needs for your staff, ensuring your customers receive the highest quality service possible.
Other important call tracking services you receive when you use call tracking include:
- Call recording: Call recording can be used to identify the ways in which your team excels with phone customer service as well as the areas that need improvement. This is one of the most effective training tools at your disposal.
- Instant notifications: Receive an alert via email or text message every time a call comes in so that you follow up on any missed calls right away or listen back to a call recording right after the call is finished.
- Integrations: Integrate your call tracking data with any number of other digital platforms, like Google Analytics. Integrating with Google Ads or Microsoft Advertising will let you measure your calls as conversions within those platforms.
Finding the Right Call Tracking System
There are many call tracking providers that would love to have your business. While this level of competition raises the level of service you can receive, it can also make choosing between these providers an overwhelming task.
Here are six important elements you should look for when choosing the right call tracking provider for your business:
- Value: Is the provider’s pricing reasonable for the services and features you are receiving?
- Number availability: Does the platform offer tracking numbers in area codes relevant to your business? Can you use toll-free tracking numbers?
- Learning curve: Is the necessary support documentation available, and does it help you understand the features of your tracking system and how to use them effectively?
- Integrations: How easy is it for you to sync your call tracking data with other metrics you use?
Effective call tracking systems should be able to integrate with platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook, Salesforce, and many others.
- Responsiveness: Does the provider offer speedy customer service and support to provide assistance as your questions or problems arise?
- Reliability: How quickly does the company address issues that arise? When something goes wrong, does the provider have backup systems in place to ensure your data is tracked and your calls are connected while the problem is being fixed?
CallRail provides you with a call tracking system that is affordable, easy to use, and provides a wide range of services and data. We are happy to discuss your call tracking needs with you at any time, and we’re confident that we can deliver an exceptional service that will help you optimize your marketing efforts.