How to use Facebook Custom Audiences with Call Insights
Pro Facebook marketers know that campaigns succeed or fail because of audience targeting. After all, advertising on any channel is all about hitting the right person with the right offer at the right time. Luckily, Facebook Custom Audiences help you define a clear audience for each of your Facebook ads, which ensures you aren’t wasting marketing budget, maximize your ad reach, and generate more conversions.
CallRail’s new Facebook Integration can power your Business Ads Manager with call intelligence for even better ad targeting. Through the power of automation, you’ll increase your brand’s visibility and attract valuable customers for your business.
What are Facebook Custom Audiences?
Facebook provides extremely useful advanced targeting options called Custom Audiences. These audiences can be targeted either very specifically, or more broadly. The approach you choose depends on what you’re trying to accomplish.
- Targeting specifically – this essentially means giving Facebook relatively strict parameters to find the best people to show your ad to. This may mean your targeted audience is smaller, but hopefully also more ready-to-buy than a broader, less targeted audience. An example of specific targeting would be targeting based on a specific location, age or gender demographics, specific interests, or a customer list.
- Broad targeting – Targeting broadly means you’re relying a bit more on Facebook’s ad delivery system and algorithms to find the best audience for your ads. This approach can help you find potential customers that are perhaps outside of your ideal target customer. It’s also a good approach if you’re not sure who exactly to target. An example of broad targeting would be an awareness campaign targeted at people aged 18-65 years in a large country.
Neither one of these targeting tactics is superior to the other. That being said, specific targeting can help you reach customers that are lower in the funnel and ready to buy.
Facebook’s targeted Custom Audiences can be created three ways:
- Core Targeting – this method requires using Facebook’s targeting demographics and events to customize the audience that is right for you. This is a great choice if you know what your ideal customer looks like.
- Customer List Imports – Facebook gives users the options to upload lists of their customers either manually or via the Facebook API. This can help you specifically target your ads to people that have already shown intent to purchase. CallRail’s Facebook Integration will automatically generate Custom Audiences based on customers or leads who have already called or texted or business, or filled out a form on your website.
- Lookalike Audiences – Lastly, you can create an audience list based off of another Custom Audience that you’ve already used successfully. Facebook will target an audience with the same demographic information and interests as your other audience that has been successful in the past.
CallRail’s integration with Facebook Integration can automate the creation of Custom Audiences using call analytics. This means we can help you specifically target customers or leads that have already placed phone calls, as well as help you find new leads with the potential to call as well.
Retargeting Campaigns Powered by Call Intelligence
Retargeting is a highly effective marketing strategy that can show your Facebook ads to people who have already expressed interest in your business via a phone call, text message, or form fill-out. It allows you to focus on the people who are in-market and remind them how great your product is. Facebook remarketing, in particular, has an especially high return on investment when it comes to remarketing.
Facebook remarketing using call insights is simple with CallRail’s Facebook integration. Whereas previously you needed to upload your lead list via a complicated manual import, CallRail can automatically create and update Custom Audiences inside of Facebook using the data from your CallRail account. We’ll match inbound phone call or text message leads to people on Facebook, and add them to the audience.
With these auto-generated Facebook Custom Audiences, you can create campaigns tailored specifically to in-market leads or current customers:
- Think about creating Facebook ads with urgent calls-to-action to nudge along leads you’ve been in contact with to make the leap to purchase.
- Consider using retargeting to market new products or services to current customers, or those that have yet to purchase.
Generating New Leads from Call Analytics
Inbound phone calls are some of the most valuable lead sources for businesses. According to BIA/Kelsey, phone call leads typically convert to paying customers 10-15x more than form fill-outs. You already know what your callers look like thanks to phone call insights from CallRail – but how do you get more customers similar to those you’ve already reached?
That’s where Lookalike Audiences from Facebook come in. Using the Custom Audiences automatically created inside of the Facebook Business Ads Manager with CallRail’s Facebook integration, you’ll be able to create a targeted list of people that look just your ideal customer.
Lookalike Audiences are an ideal way to specifically find new leads you might otherwise have missed out on:
- Remember that these people have likely never heard of your business before, so some more top-funnel content is best suited for these campaigns.
- Be sure to tailor your ads for phone calls and mobile. Over 90% of all Facebook visitors in 2017 were visiting the site on mobile, and if your ideal customer places a phone call you’ll want to be sure that the CTA is clear.
Call insights are a great way to boost the performance of your Facebook marketing efforts, and the quality of the audiences you’re targeting.