Website Visitors Are Quick to Call, So Design with Conversions in Mind
One Click is All it Takes for Web Visitors to Call
Based on a sample of 100,000 phone calls collected from CallRail through March of 2014, customers only need one visit on your website before deciding to call.
Of the website visitors who call your number:
- 85% call on their first visit to your website.
- 42% call immediately from your landing page.
That’s why it’s important to make sure that your website sends the right message and supplies the right information to visitors who are already poised to call by the time they’ve made the decision to visit your site.
Implementing call tracking can show you how many of your website visitors are actually calling. If after implementing call tracking, you find that your site isn’t driving many call conversions, implementing the following three tactics may be beneficial.
Get Web Visitors to Convert
- Have a Strong Call to Action – a simple “Call us for more information!” or “Learn more today!” may help to drive calls from your website when placed beside your company’s phone number.
- Make Sure Your Landing Pages Load Quickly – According to KISSmetrics, a 1 second delay in your site speed can result in a 7% reduction in conversions, and 40% of consumers abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load. If you want consumers to stay on your website long enough to convert, it’s important to have quick loading landing pages.
- Make Your Site Mobile Friendly – Mobile Marketing is more important now than ever because so many consumers use multiple devices to access websites. According to the same study mentioned above, 73% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that was too slow to load, and 38% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that wasn’t available. Make sure your website is not only easy to load from a consumer’s computer, but from their mobile devices as well.