What is Conversation Intelligence?
What is conversation intelligence?
Conversation intelligence is often used to describe one’s aptitude for effective person-to-person communication. In marketing technology, conversation intelligence refers to insights on lead quality and call outcome gained through call analytics. Some forms of conversation intelligence include call recording, call transcriptions, and call scoring. All of these work in tandem to identify qualified leads for focused ad spend and improved marketing ROI.
Good conversation intelligence results in more than just qualify leads. Here’s how some of the different aspects of conversation intelligence work and what they can do to help marketers better understand what drives calls to their business.
Call recording is a simple way to evaluate whether or not a lead is ready to convert. You can record conversations between your sales team and customers to gauge your most qualified leads, then pursue them accordingly.
Additionally, you can use call recording to listen to your employees and how they interact with your customers. This allows you to provide effective coaching to those who need it most — and it helps you identify which employees are the most successful.
A final, lesser known benefit of call recording? It’s great resource for content creation. If you’ve ever struggled to come up with ideas for content, look no further than conversations with your customers. Recording phone calls is a great way to gather insight on topics you perhaps wouldn’t think about otherwise.
How many times have you had a productive conversation with a customer, only to forget exactly what was said? With call transcription, this is no longer an issue.
You'll be able to revisit previous conversations to quickly identify important details and which next steps to take next, including:
- Following up with the customer.
- Whether or not a lead was qualified.
- Quality assurance for employee's customer service and sales skills.
Call transcriptions are especially helpful for saving time. Instead of listening to recorded phone calls, you can quickly scan the transcription to find the key points for improved productivity and efficiency.
If transcribing calls manually sounds like more trouble than it's worth, don't worry, some call tracking providers offer automatic call transcription to help you save even more time when qualifying leads.
Reading (or skimming through) call transcription after call transcription can be a tedious task when you're trying to quickly gain useful insights from a conversation. By using Automation Rules (previously known as keyword spotting), you can have specific keywords pulled from a conversation that meet the criteria you've set up.
With Automation Rules, marketers can focus on specific call interactions like:
- Call length
- Marketing source
If the interactions from a phone call meet the stated criteria, Automation Rules can automatically qualify that call as a lead, score, tag, and assign a monetary value to the conversation.
While automation rules allow you to set criteria for a list of relevant keywords you'd like to track from your inbound phone calls and each call transcription, Call Highlights automatically pull frequently used relevant keywords and phrases from conversations with customers and sales calls and their transcripts. From a call highlight report, CallRail users can get the full breakdown of keywords and phrases that are frequently used during calls. Our custom highlights report lets you filter these words and phrases by both customer and sales rep to understand the activity and behavior of the call.
Call scoring for lead scoring
Call scoring takes things one step further than call recording and transcription for even faster lead qualification. This advanced conversation intelligence technology scans your calls and identifies key stats like call time of day, caller location, and call duration, to quickly and accurately qualify leads without you having to listen back to recorded calls yourself.
Call scoring also allows you to be in control of what counts as a qualified lead. For example, you can designate calls that last for a certain amount of time as conversions and then spend more time pursuing those specific callers. You can also use call scoring to see which marketing campaigns deliver the most valuable leads.
Benefits of Conversation Intelligence
The most important question marketers can ask while looking into conversation intelligence is how it will impact their day to day marketing strategy. Here is a list of ways that conversation intelligence can help you optimize your campaigns and efficiently increase ROI.
- Save time qualifying leads: How much time do you waste trying to qualify leads to no avail? One of the biggest perks of conversation intelligence software is its ability to save you time. By investing in call scoring software, you won't have to worry about spending hours transcribing and listening back to phone calls yourself. Your software will identify the data for you to help you speed up your process and pursue your leads faster than ever before.
- Optimize sales conversations: Recording and transcribing phone calls through a conversation intelligence platform enables any sales leader to provide better coaching to for their sales team to help them close more deals more efficiently.
- Increase marketing ROI: How do you know which marketing campaigns drive the most phone calls? With conversation intelligence call scoring, you'll know the answer for certain. In turn, this allows you to put more money towards the campaigns that work to boost your ROI.
- Improve customer service: By understanding a caller's activity and their behavior through conversational intelligence, customer service and support teams can continue training their staff to provide better service.
- Expand keyword research: By tuning in to actual lead and customer calls, you can learn the pain points and benefits that you may not be optimizing for and the user language of the people, personas, and industries you're trying to reach.
- Fill gaps in your content: Identifying frequently asked questions and other important topics to address through content marketing. By identifying trends or gaps in your service offerings based on what your prospects are asking for.
Conversation intelligence is an essential tool for any business that wants to increase conversions and overall success. Gathering and analyzing caller data will help you optimize your sales strategies, customer service processes, marketing campaigns and so much more to drive more revenue to your business.