Call Tracking Software tracks and records information from incoming phone calls, enabling businesses and marketers who run pay-per-call, local seo, and other online and offline call based marketing campaigns to associate phone calls with the marketing channels that drove them.
Here are some of the problems that call tracking solves:
- Not knowing which marketing channels drive phone calls: One of the biggest reasons that call tracking is implemented is for campaign attribution. Without call tracking it is impossible to view how many leads are coming in over the phone, creating a big attribution blind spot for advertisers who use phone calls in their marketing campaigns. By showing a unique phone number associated with each marketing channel call tracking allows you to view which campaign delivered each individual call.
- Figuring out if the leads you’re driving are qualified: What if you are getting clicks on your online ads and even calls to your business but those calls do not convert into customers? Tools like call recording can allow you to listen to calls and find out if the calls are coming from qualified leads. This also gives you the power to make campaign changes and focus your ad spend on what actually drives conversions.
- Understanding which keywords are driving phone calls: Call tracking enhances the power of your paid online efforts by giving you insight into which keywords are driving calls and conversions. With keyword level call tracking, your call tracking provider will assign a number from your phone number pool to each individual visitor, allowing you to know who is calling you and how they found you online. After each visitor is done browsing your website, their phone number is freed up for another person to use. This feature allows you to effectively track your PPC visitors and which keywords they use to discover your business.
- You want to prove and improve marketing ROI: Call tracking’s in-depth features like call recording, keyword level tracking, and campaign attribution allow you to track your campaign performance and give you insight into which campaigns are performing the best to help you tweak your marketing strategy for increased ROI.
Here are the features that come standard with many call tracking solutions and will help you solve the problems listed above.
- Dynamic number insertion: Dynamic number insertion is the cornerstone of call tracking. This feature dynamically swaps out numbers from your very own pool of phone numbers so you can correlate incoming calls with specific sources. Dynamically swapping phone numbers also allows you to track the source of incoming calls, such as a specific advertisement or marketing campaign.
- Multi-channel attribution: Using call tracking to determine which source drove a phone call is great, but being able to track your customer’s entire journey leading up to a call is even better. Multi-channel attribution gives you the ability to see each touchpoint that led to a call, including which campaign drove a caller to your website, which pages they interacted with and the last action they took before calling you.
- Call recording: Call recording is essential for call quality assurance. How do you know how well your staff handles customer calls unless you record them? This is also important when it comes to the aforementioned call and lead quality issue, allowing you to confirm that you are driving qualified leads to your business.
- Integrations: Call tracking shouldn’t take the place of your existing analytics platform, it should enhance it. Many call tracking platforms integrate with programs you regularly rely on such as Google AdWords and Analytics, HubSpot, KISSmetrics and more, giving you a full picture of your marketing ROI.
Call tracking can be a game changer for businesses who want to get to the root of who their customers are and what marketing channels drive them to call. Gaining in-depth insight into caller demographics and behavior gives businesses that use call tracking an enormous edge over their competition, and can ultimately help them capture more leads and win customers.
To learn more about how to track calls and how this can improve your business, request your free CallRail demo.