Join the CallRail Team
CallRail is looking for a full-time UX Writer to help manage support documentation and write in-app content for our evolving product. You’ll contribute to the content strategy for CallRail’s UX team, and be part of an exciting initiative to infuse CallRail’s brand into the technical content we create for our customers.
Our UX writers work on cross-functional teams and come together as a core for content collaboration and open peer feedback. We strive to build the best user experience for our customers by being thoughtful in the words and design we use throughout our application. On your cross-functional teams, you’ll be supported by leadership that has deep product and industry knowledge, product owners and designers who are UX-minded, and a development team that has built successful products before.
You will be responsible for writing content that is helpful, consistent, and design-friendly. Here are some other things you might do:
- Work with product owners and designers to create cohesive, user-friendly, and instructional content.
- Write and publish technical support documentation and product announcements for CallRail’s support website.
- Create content that follows our Content Style Guide, and help identify patterns and themes to further build our Style Guide.
- Facilitate the implementation of any necessary internal documentation for CallRail’s team.
- Collaborate across departments to ensure CallRail’s brand voice and tone stays consistent.
Desired Skills & Experience
This is an entry-level position that requires using technical knowledge in a creative manner. The right candidate also has the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional copywriting, grammar, and proofreading skills. You know how to clearly communicate technical processes (writing samples may be requested).
- You’re collaborative, flexible, and self-motivated. You work and play well with your team.
- The feedback you give team members is thoughtful, and the feedback you receive is accepted earnestly.
- You have a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS (preferred, but not required).
- You adapt to a fast-moving and changing environment as the team and our product grows.
Until recently call tracking was only available through cumbersome, expensive platforms. CallRail democratized the industry by making simple, practical tools available and affordable for businesses of all sizes. Our platform helps businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving phone calls, how those calls are handled once received, and how those leads convert.
CallRail is stable and profitable, and has been since the beginning. In December 2014, after four years of bootstrapped growth, we raised a small round of $1.9M to provide working capital for growth and to bring on a team of trusted advisors with deep experience in the telecom and online marketing industries. CallRail has been recognized by the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) as a Top 40 Innovative Technology Company in 2014. In 2016, CallRail was ranked one of the fastest-growing companies on both the INC 500 and the Deloitte Fast 500 lists.
What We Believe
- Life is more than work. Though we work hard, we value balance. Like you, we expect to spend our evenings and weekends with friends and family.
- Results matter. Work isn’t where you are or how long you spent; it’s what you accomplish. If you work best at home, at a coffee shop, or at the beach – we’re on board with that.
- Be entrepreneurial at heart. You should see the big picture and understand the problems we solve. You’ll drive your own projects, so you’ll need to be independent and self-motivated.
- Optimize for happiness. We believe that happy people are the most effective people. We take pride in our products, and believe that a fulfilling career contributes to a happy life.
CallRail is the startup we always wanted to work at, and we intend to keep it that way.
- Health, dental and vision
- Competitive salary
- Untracked vacation policy
- 401k w/ Matching
- Top-shelf Apple hardware
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Fully stocked kitchen and regular team lunches
- Fun, talented coworkers with a wide variety of interests
How to Apply
Interested? We’d love to talk to you! Send an email to email@example.com with “UX Writer” in the subject line. (You can put other things there, just make sure you include that!) Include anything you’d like in your email, but we’re particularly interested in learning about your work experience, how you heard about CallRail, and why you think you’d be a good fit for our team.