UX Developer Role has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail builds straightforward software to help data-driven businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving results. We provide analytics for phone calls and other inbound communication channels, and help businesses measure how those leads convert into customers. Many of our customers are small, locally-owned businesses, and CallRail’s tools help them compete in an increasingly crowded marketplace.
Our team has been honored numerous times as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work, Inc 500’s fastest growing companies, and G2Crowd’s top-rated inbound call tracking platform. While we’re proud of our history so far, we’re even more excited about what’s next. We’re rethinking how marketing attribution is done for hundreds of thousands of businesses, and we can’t wait for you to help us build it!
What You'll Do
- Deliver incredible products. We’re a product-first company, and we aren’t satisfied until we’ve built a product so clearly superior that customers have no reason to consider anything else.
- Be a strong technical contributor. As an individual contributor, you’ll write testable, maintainable, scalable code and deploy it frequently. You’ll review the code of other developers, and be open to feedback about your own.
- Prioritize delivery. Our team ships code multiple times daily, and you’ll help us deliver small continuous improvements with each iteration, if not more frequently.
- Communicate well. You'll explain your work clearly to team members, and seek feedback to build a codebase we all enjoy contributing to. You’ll keep engineering leadership apprised of important developments on your team, and areas needing attention when appropriate.
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, respectful, and collaborative. You'll support your teammates and challenge them to do their best work.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you'll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
We require you be willing and able to do all of the things in the previous section. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We'll consider candidates who don't check all of these boxes. If you've got analogous experience or a track record of being able to pick things up quickly, please tell us in your application!
Experience with the following would be helpful:
- Writing web applications with an MVC framework
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Building software-as-a-service platforms, particularly for small and medium-sized businesses
- Developing software with security and regulatory compliance in mind
- Refactoring systems to perform well at scale while still being readable and easy to maintain
- Reviewing code in a way that empowers your teammates while improving our codebase
Technologies and Tools We Use
- Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec
- Postgres, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Twilio and other telephony providers
- Health Benefits, 401(k) matching
- Excellent PTO Policy
- Catered Lunches
- Paid Parking / Paid Marta
- Flex Hours, Work From Home Options