Team Lead - Full Stack EngineerRole has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail is a marketing technology company. We help data-driven businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving phone calls, how those calls are handled, and how those leads convert into customers. Many of our customers are small, locally-owned businesses, and CallRail’s tools help them compete in an increasingly crowded marketplace. In a nutshell, we provide smart, agile marketers the information they need to make better decisions about how to make their phone ring.
Our product is a no-contract self-service SaaS application, which means we have to earn our customers’ business every single month by providing them real value. It makes us a product-focused company comprised of people who yearn to build best-in-class software.
About the Enablement Team
The Enablement team works to empower other CallRail teams by ensuring they have great software to make their jobs easier and more efficient. Our team collaborates with internal stakeholders in engineering, marketing, customer success, support, and others to build tools that enable their efforts at scale.
Some recent projects on the Enablement team include:
- Consolidated data from our application, Zendesk, Salesforce, and Marketo for business intelligence and data synchronization uses.
- Identified accounts related by common marketing agency and built tools allowing those agencies to manage multiple clients easily. This opened up a new way of thinking about customer acquisition that our marketing team could capitalize upon.
- Increased velocity of other engineering teams by building tools to facilitate the rapid reconstruction of development and QA environments.
We are looking for a strong full stack developer with team lead experience to join the team. This opening is for a senior-level candidate.
What You'll Do
- Help us build CallRail. As a team lead, you will foster engineering quality and healthy process within your team. As we grow, you’ll help ensure that we remain an environment that values teamwork, talent, communication, and growth.
- Be a strong technical contributor. As an individual contributor, you’ll write testable, maintainable, scalable code and deploy it frequently. You’ll review the code of other developers, and be open to feedback about your own.
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, and collaborative. You'll help support your teammates and ensure they feel included and valued.
- Be an effective leader. You'll help mentor and coordinate the engineers on your team to produce great work while developing as developers, teammates, and stewards of the product. You’ll work to ensure your team’s projects ship quickly and perform well in production.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you'll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
- Communicate well. You'll actively engage with the team, management, and product stakeholders to ensure goals and challenges are known well and early. You’ll organize Agile ceremonies like sprint retrospectives, making sure the needs of everyone on your team are heard.
This role does require previous experience as the technical lead of a development team. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We'll consider candidates who don't check all of these boxes. If you've got analogous experience or a track record of being able to pick things up quickly, please tell us in your application!
Experience with the following would be helpful:
- Writing web applications with an MVC framework, especially in Ruby on Rails.
- Writing and working with tests, especially in RSpec.
- Creating prototypes and proofs-of-concept to reduce uncertainty and risk.
- Building Software-as-a-Service platforms. Especially for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Writing software where security and regulatory compliance are critical.
- Refactoring systems to perform well at scale while still being readable and easy to maintain.
- Reviewing code in a way that empowers your teammates while improving our codebase.
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers.
Technologies and Tools We Use
- Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec
- Postgres, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Twilio and other telephony providers
- DataDog, HoneyBadger, Code Climate, and Semaphore
- GitHub, Slack, and Target Process