Software Engineer (Core Features)Role has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail is expanding its engineering team. We're looking for motivated software engineers to help us build our best-in-class call analytics platform. Our engineers work side-by-side with our outstanding design, product, and QA teams to build features our users love.
About [The Team]
[PUT STUFF HERE]
What You'll Do
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, and collaborative. You'll help support your teammates and ensure they feel included and valued.
- Be an effective software developer. You'll strive to write simple, well-tested code that solves problems for our customers.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you'll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
- Communicate well. You'll write descriptive commit messages and provide necessary context in your pull requests. You'll provide good status updates on your work and let people know when you're stuck or need help.
- Prioritize delivering value for our customers. You'll focus on finding the smallest chunk of work that will help solve a problem. Early feedback will allow you to hone in on the best solutions.
We require you be willing and able to do all of the things in the previous section. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We'll consider candidates who don't check all of these boxes. If you've got analogous experience or a track record of being able to pick things up quickly, please apply.
Experience with the following would be helpful:
- Writing web applications with an MVC framework. Ruby on Rails experience is ideal.
- Building Software-as-a-Service platforms. Especially for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Using modern front-end frameworks. We use Angular.
- Writing software where security and regulatory compliance are critical.
- Refactoring systems to perform well at scale while still being readable and easy to maintain.
- [MORE THINGS HERE FOR THIS ROLE]
Technologies and Tools We Use
- Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec
- Postgres and Redis
- Twilio and other telephony providers
- DataDog, HoneyBadger, Code Climate, and Semaphore
- GitHub, Slack, and Target Process
CallRail is marketing technology company. We help data-driven businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving phone calls, how those calls are handled, and how those leads convert into customers. In a nutshell, we provide smart, agile marketers the information they need to make better decisions about how to make their phone ring.
What We Believe
- Life is more than work. We value balance. Like you, we expect to spend our evenings and weekends with friends and family.
- Results matter. Work isn’t where you are or how long you spent; it’s what you accomplish. If you work best from home, at a coffee shop, or at the beach - we’re on board with that.
- Be entrepreneurial at heart. You should see the big picture, understand the problems we solve, and be eager to help us solve them.
- Optimize for happiness. We believe that happy people are the most effective people. A supportive, inclusive work environment is a critical component to our success.