Software Development Engineer in Test
Join the CallRail Team
CallRail is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to help us deliver our next-generation call analytics platform. We’re looking for developers who love methodically picking applications apart to find bugs, have an eye for user expectations, and thrive on building test tooling and infrastructure to make the entire team more productive.
Our product development process moves quickly, and you should be comfortable with that pace. We deploy features and updates multiple times daily, so our QA focuses on testing continually integrated changes rather than certifying a gold master release. We have some automation and some test data population tools in place, but as our team has grown we see a need for both of those to become more robust, central parts of our development process. That’s where you come in!
What We Work On
- An analytics front-end that helps both digital and offline marketers understand which campaigns are driving calls
- A real-time interface that shows extensive details of who’s calling before your phone even starts to ring
- A fault-tolerant call routing engine that’s designed for serious uptime
- A session and page view tracking system that analyzes our customers’ customers as they browse their websites
- An integration framework that makes data from the phone-based offline world available in online CRM and marketing automation systems
- Automated call scoring using speech recognition and machine classifiers
- An AWS production environment configured and deployed via Ansible and running on secure single-tenant hardware
How We Work
The list below is buzzword bingo for the tools we use every day. You should enjoy working with these tools, and have the experience to prove it. As we grow, we’ll be looking to add to our toolchest, and we’d love to hear your thoughts on how we can solve some of our bigger looming challenges.
- Ruby, Rails, AngularJS, Ionic, Sidekiq
- RSpec, Protractor, SemaphoreCI
- Twilio, Plivo, WebRTC
- GitHub, Slack, TargetProcess
Until recently call tracking was only available through cumbersome, expensive platforms. CallRail democratized the industry by making simple, practical tools available and affordable for businesses of all sizes. Our platform helps businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving phone calls, how those calls are handled once received, and how those leads convert.
CallRail is stable and profitable, and has been since the beginning. In December 2014, after four years of bootstrapped growth, we raised a small round of $1.9M to provide working capital for growth and to bring on a team of trusted advisors with deep experience in the telecom and online marketing industries. Today we support a paying customer base of over 50,000 businesses across the US and Canada.
What We Believe
- Life is more than work. Though we work hard, we value balance. Like you, we expect to spend our evenings and weekends with friends and family.
- Results matter. Work isn’t where you are or how long you spent; it’s what you accomplish. If you work best at home, at a coffee shop, or at the beach – we’re on board with that.
- Be entrepreneurial at heart. You should see the big picture and understand the problems we solve. You’ll drive your own projects, so you’ll need to be independent and self-motivated.
- Optimize for happiness. We believe that happy people are the most effective people. We take pride in our products, and believe that a fulfilling career contributes to a happy life.
CallRail is a team of confident self-starters, and that’s the kind of people with whom you work best. You’ll work alongside a fast-moving team comprised of 35 talented developers, UI/UX designers, product managers, and QA engineers.
CallRail is the startup we always wanted to work at, and we intend to keep it that way.
- Heath, dental and vision
- Competitive salary and company ownership
- Results-only environment
- Untracked vacation policy
- 401k and matching program
- Top-shelf Apple hardware
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Fully stocked kitchen and regular team lunches
- Ticket and travel expenses paid for one relevant conference each year
- Fun, talented coworkers with a wide variety of interests
How to Apply
Interested? We’d love to talk to you! Send an email to Elliott Wood, our CTO, at email@example.com with “Software Development Engineer in Test” in the subject line. (You can put other things there, just make sure you include that!) Include anything you’d like in your email, but we’re particularly interested in learning about your work experience, how you heard about CallRail, and why you think you’d be a good fit for our team. If you send a resume, please attach it in PDF format or link to a profile on StackOverflow Careers or LinkedIn. If you have any work samples you can share, we’d love to see your Github profile too.
Sorry, but we aren’t able to work with recruiters or third-party candidates for this role.