Senior UX Designer
Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote (US)
CallRail is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our product team. We are at an exciting stage of building a UX design team for our omni-channel communications product. We are looking for a senior designer with experience creating SaaS products for small and medium sized businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team at the beginning of it’s creation. You would have an instrumental part in defining the culture along-side the other UX teams, UX Design Manager, and VP of UX while mentoring other designers. If you are a designer who loves finding creative solutions to complex problems and has an excitement for creating beautiful and user-friendly products, then we would love to talk with you.
To excel in this role, you will need to be a confident self-starter who collaborates well with other designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders. You have experience bringing thoughtful research and analysis to your design solutions, user flows, and wireframes. You not only ask the right questions that uncover the right problems, but you are able to advocate for your solutions.
Not only will you help establish a new UX design team, our current group of UX Designers work on cross-functional delivery teams and come together as a core for design collaboration and open peer feedback. On our cross-functional teams, you’ll be supported by a leadership team that has deep product and industry knowledge, product managers who are thoughtful and UX-minded, and a technical team who has experience building successful products.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for leading UX design projects that ensure our omni-channel communications product is intuitive, attractive, consistent, and cohesive:
- Work one-on-one with a product manager to come up with creative solutions to complex problems.
- Use our user research library, explore FullStory, and collaborate the UX Research team to ensure your designs are informed by real user experiences.
- Work with a dedicated Content Strategist to create thoughtful information architecture and implement helpful content into your designs.
- Advocate for the product, constantly seeking to better understand our users’ needs and ideating solutions to serve them.
- Understand the needs of the business and form relationships with other product leaders to ensure your internal users are included.
- Work with and mentor less experienced designers, sharing your skills and expertise.
- Design interfaces and interactions for new and existing features.
- Work closely with developers to implement new features.
- Look out for opportunities to make our app more intuitive and easy to use while prioritizing time-sensitive projects
- Collaborate with the design team to promote and expand design culture at CallRail.
- 4+ years of experience as a UX designer, UI designer, or in a related role.
- A strong sense of design fundamentals, including iconography, typography, color, and data visualization.
- Proficiency in design tools, such as Figma, Sketch. Our team uses Figma.
- Proficiency in using guides.
- Experience designing for SaaS products, experience designing for responsive SaaS products is a major plus.
- Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team. You communicate clearly and listen intently. High-level presentation skills a major plus.
- Prior experience conducting user research and ability to synthesize feedback with data to guide design decisions.
- Experience designing for SaaS products.
- Must be able to clearly articulate and present design concepts to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving and changing environment as the team and our product grows.
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Working Remote vs. Office (UX/UI)
In The Before Times™, our team worked 3-5 days/week out of our office located Downtown, Atlanta. We enjoyed catered lunch once a week and easy access to many local restaurants, parks, and MARTA within a few blocks. Mario Kart 8 races occurred frequently. And we often worked face-to-face in our ‘design studio’ room to share ideas, chat, and enjoy each other’s company.
Currently, we are fully remote, but plan to return to the office part-time (if located in Atlanta) when it’s safe to do so (and we feel comfortable). The UX design team will tentatively return on a limited basis (2-3 days/week) and continue to work from home the rest of the time as we are doing now. We are open to remote work, but Atlanta candidates are preferred.