Senior Site Reliability EngineerRole has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail is looking for a senior site reliability engineer to join our growing team.
CallRail serves over 100,000 companies with straightforward software. Our marketing attribution platform helps businesses of all sizes, and the agencies that serve them, to maximize their marketing impact by tracing all their conversations back to the marketing efforts that drove them.
Our team has been honored numerous times as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work, Inc 500’s fastest growing companies, and G2Crowd’s top-rated inbound call tracking platform. While we’re proud of our history so far, we’re even more excited about what’s next. We’re rethinking how marketing attribution is done for hundreds of thousands of businesses, and we can’t wait for you to help us build it!
The Infrastructure Operations team brings a software engineering perspective to delivering quality operations at scale and driving automation in every aspect of the job. We believe that Engineering teams should be able to deploy whatever, and whenever, with confidence.
- Deliver incredible products. We’re a product-first company, and we aren’t satisfied until we’ve built a product so clearly superior that customers have no reason to consider anything else.
- Prioritize delivery. Our team ships code multiple times daily, and you’ll help us deliver small continuous improvements with each iteration, if not more frequently.
- Shared responsibility. We collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers, as equals, to provide optimal production services to our customers.
What You'll Do
- Measure what matters. Set monitoring and alerting standards for the organization and aid each team in applying those standards to their applications.
- Be prepared. Proactively identify and prevent incidents through monitoring, automation, self-healing and resiliency initiatives, destructive testing, and game day exercises.
- Be a culture champion. As a DevOps evangelist you’ll guide our application teams towards solid technical decisions, share knowledge and expertise, help colleagues improve their designs, and ensure the applications perform well in production.
- Communicate well. You'll explain your work clearly to team members, and seek feedback to build a codebase we all enjoy contributing to. You’ll keep engineering leadership apprised of important developments on your team, and areas needing attention when appropriate.
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, respectful, and collaborative. You'll support your teammates and challenge them to do their best work.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you'll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
We require you be willing and able to do all of the things in the previous section. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We'll consider candidates who don't check all of these boxes. If you've got analogous experience or a track record of being able to pick things up quickly, please tell us in your application!
Experience with the following would be helpful:
- Designing effective monitoring/alerting and log aggregation solutions using tools including AWS CloudWatch and APM (New Relic, AppDynamics, etc.).
- Provisioning and configuration of AWS services using AWS CLI / API and Terraform
- Familiarity with Ansible, Python, Bash, and Git.
- Familiarity of software-as-a-service platforms, particularly for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Developing and maintaining software in security and regulatory compliance environment (PCI-DSS, HIPAA, SOC 2, etc.)
- Writing web applications with an MVC framework, especially Ruby on Rails.
- Refactoring systems to perform well at scale while still being readable and easy to maintain.
- Reviewing the code in a way that empowers your teammates while improving our codebase.
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers.
Technologies and Tools We Use
- Ansible, Terraform, Docker, SemaphoreCI, Jenkins
- AWS EC2, S3, EKS
- Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec
- DataDog (APM, Monitoring), AWS CloudWatch, and PagerDuty
- Postgres, DynamoDB, Redshift, Redis, RabbitMQ, and Elasticsearch
- Twilio and other telephony providers
- Health Benefits, 401(k) matching
- Excellent PTO Policy
- Catered Lunches
- Paid Parking / Paid Marta
- Flex Hours, Work From Home Options