Senior QA Engineer
Join the CallRail Team
CallRail is looking for a Senior QA Engineer to help us deliver our next-generation call analytics platform. We’re looking for testers who enjoy the excitement of the bug chase and are passionate about finding edge cases. You’ll work closely with engineers and product managers to harden new functionality and occasionally identify flaws in existing production code.
Our product development process moves quickly, and you should be comfortable with that pace. We deploy features and updates multiple times daily, so our QA focuses on testing continually integrated changes rather than certifying a gold master release. Much of the testing for new features is manual, but that effort is supported by a maturing automation initiative.
We’re eager to expand our small QA team, so we expect you to be a confident self-starter who cares about tools and processes, but most importantly are able to be flexible in a fast paced environment. You’ll demonstrate experience testing modern web-based SaaS applications and how that experience translates to our application. You’ll be joining our Lead QA Engineer as we decide what to test and how to most effectively verify functionality. We’re lightweight on tools, documentation and process right now, and looking to improve as we scale. This QA team works closely with a mature development team and has a history of shipping successful products. We’re excited to see how you can help take us to the next level of product quality!
What We Work On
- An analytics front-end that helps both digital and offline marketers understand which campaigns are driving calls
- A session and page view tracking system that monitors our customers’ customers as they browse their websites
- An integration framework that makes data from the phone-based offline world available in online CRM and marketing automation systems
- Automated call scoring using speech recognition and machine classifiers
- A real-time in-browser softphone interface that shows extensive details of who’s calling before your phone even starts to ring
How We Work
Our engineers use the tools listed below on a daily basis. You should enjoy working in this environment, and have the experience to prove it. As we grow our QA team we’ll be looking to add to this toolkit, and we’d love to hear your thorughts on how we should solve some of our looming challenges.
- Ruby, Rails, AngularJS, Protractor, Ionic, Sidekiq
- RSpec, SemaphoreCI
- Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Twilio, Bandwidth, Telnyx
- GitHub, Slack, Target Process
At CallRail, we’re passionate about a lot of things, like our tight-knit team, Mario Kart tournaments, and weekly company lunches, just to name a few.
But what really unites us is our main mission, which is providing marketing analytics technology that empowers data-driven businesses. Our users are smart and agile marketers, and we strive to bring those values to our products — CallRail is an easy-to-use app that helps marketers understand how their campaigns are driving calls and converting leads, and which channels are performing best.
We believe in the power of group collaboration and diversity of thought, but we also make plenty of room for individual unconventional wisdom. And we must be doing something right, because in 2016 CallRail was ranked as one of the fastest-growing companies on both the INC 500 and the Deloitte Fast 500.
- Heath, dental and vision
- Competitive salary and company ownership
- Results-only environment
- Untracked vacation policy
- 401k with company matching program
- Top-shelf Apple hardware
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Fully stocked kitchen and regular team lunches
- Fun, talented coworkers with a wide variety of interests
How to Apply
Our team is passionate, results-oriented, and entreprenurial at heart. Sound like you? Send an email to Wai-Leong Kwok, our Lead QA Engineer, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior QA Engineer” in the subject line. (You can put other things there, just make sure you include that!) Include anything you’d like in your email, but we’re particularly interested in learning about your work experience, how you heard about CallRail, and why you think you’d be a good fit for our team. If you send a resume, please attach it in PDF format or link to a profile on StackOverflow Careers or LinkedIn.
Sorry, but we aren’t able to work with recruiters or third-party candidates for this role.