Senior Mobile Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote
CallRail is looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to help build the next chapter of our mobile products. You’ll be developing and maintaining our native iOS and Android applications.
What You'll Do
- Deliver incredible products. We’re a product-first company, and we aren’t satisfied until we’ve built a product so clearly superior that customers have no reason to consider anything else.
- Be a strong technical contributor. As an individual contributor, you’ll write testable, maintainable, scalable code and deploy it frequently. You’ll review the code of other developers, and be open to feedback about your own.
- Prioritize delivery. Our team ships code frequently, and you’ll help us deliver small continuous improvements within the release strategy for our mobile apps.
- Communicate well. You'll explain your work clearly to team members, and seek feedback to build a codebase we all enjoy contributing to. You’ll keep engineering leadership apprised of important developments on your team, and areas needing attention when appropriate.
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, respectful, and collaborative. You'll support your teammates and challenge them to do their best work and pitch-in to help get things over the finish line.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you'll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
Desired Skills and Experience
We require you to be willing and able to do all of the things in the previous section. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We’re open to candidates who don't check all of these boxes. If you've got analogous experience or a track record of being able to pick things up quickly, please tell us in your application!
Experience with the following:
- Writing iOS and Android applications
- Managing release cycles
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Building software-as-a-service platforms, particularly for small and medium-sized businesses
- Developing software with security and regulatory compliance in mind
- Refactoring systems to perform well at scale while still being readable and easy to maintain
- Reviewing the code in a way that empowers your teammates while improving our codebase
- Working cross functionally to deliver a strong mobile experience, ie:
- If there’s a flaw with a backend endpoint, you’re comfortable diving in to help troubleshoot
- Collaborate on the solutions with the product team
Technologies and Tools We Use:
- Mobile: Swift/SwiftUI, Java/Kotlin
- Backend: Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).