Platform Product Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote (US)
CallRail is looking for a Product Manager to help us create our next-generation communications and lead management platform. We’re looking for product managers who are excited about finding solutions to real customer problems and collaborating with developers to create high-quality products that are consistent with our user experience expectations.
Our team has high aspirations for the product roadmap ahead, and we need a product manager who excels at executing in continuous delivery as well as discovery.
To be a great fit for this role, you’ll be someone who likes to solve problems and isn’t afraid to ask questions. You’ll bring experience with driving strategy, communicating across departments and management, and navigating options in the development process to ensure we deliver high-quality and on time. The successful candidate will thrive in the details of perfecting user stories while also mastering the domain and vision of our product set. You’ll understand how backend systems work to support an ever expanding feature set and customer growth. You’ll work closely with the developers that support our growing infrastructure. You’ll be passionate about technology. We’re a team that likes to move quickly, so you’ll help define metrics for success, measure everything, and help make informed decisions.
What You'll Do
- Act as a product owner, including responsibilities like defining features, writing acceptance criteria and user stories
- Manage expectations and timelines and communicate hurdles and technical limitations to non-technical teams
- Manage prioritization of product development work with a keen ability to reprioritize with agility to ensure we always release the most impactful work
- Manage the daily workflow with a sprint team of engineers and QA. Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving
- Maintain constant communication with stakeholders as roadmaps are created, managed, and executed
- Work with cross functional teams to determine what needs to be built to support growth
- Ensure we ship features that are founded in user experience, best practices, and drive measurable results
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Familiarity with VoIP and general telephony is a plus
- Technically savvy with technical writing skills
- Experience with cloud communications
- Experience in a KPI driven, results-oriented, environment
- Previous experience with technical or backend product management
- Familiarity with product management tools. Our team uses Targetprocess and Asana
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving and changing environment as the team and our product grows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly articulate and present product concepts, cast and clarify vision, and answer questions
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Working Remote vs. Office
In The Before Times™, our team worked 3-5 days/week out of our office located Downtown, Atlanta. We enjoyed catered lunch once a week and easy access to many local restaurants, parks, and MARTA within a few blocks. Mario Kart 8 races occurred frequently. And we often worked face-to-face at a whiteboard or over each other’s shoulders to share ideas, chat, and enjoy each other’s company.
It turns out that those things are fun and desirable, but not required. We’re open to fully-remote candidates for this position. Locally we’re currently 100% work-from-home, but we’ll be gradually reopening the office this summer. Starting in September, members of our dev teams who are local to Atlanta will be asked to come to the office on a schedule the team negotiates among themselves; we’re guessing most will be on the order of a day or two per week, and we’re listening to feedback on that as we go.