Manager, Support Engineering TeamRole has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail is looking for a Manager to lead our Support Engineering team. This role does require a strong technical background along with customer service experience.
CallRail builds straightforward software to help data-driven businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving results. We provide analytics for phone calls and other inbound communication channels and help businesses measure how those leads convert into customers. Many of our customers are small, locally-owned businesses and CallRail’s tools help them compete in an increasingly crowded marketplace.
Our team has been honored numerous times as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work, Inc 500’s fastest growing companies, and G2Crowd’s top-rated inbound call tracking platform. While we’re proud of our history so far, we’re even more excited about what’s next. We’re rethinking how marketing attribution is done for hundreds of thousands of businesses, and we can’t wait for you to help us build it!
What You'll Do
This role will be responsible for developing a high-performing Support Engineering team. You will lead a customer facing team that is responsible for developing software tools while working alongside Engineering teams and Customers to provide solutions and remove technical roadblocks. This team is a conduit to our Product team and provides customer feedback and new feature requests.
In this role, you will have excellent technical, communication and organizational skills. You are an excellent motivator and possess the skills to manage diverse technical professionals. You will be technical, driven and enjoy leading and developing people. Additionally, you are comfortable presenting with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will also maintain personal technical expertise and be prepared to engage directly with customers. As a member of the Customer Support organization, you will work cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, and Sales teams.
Most importantly you must be passionate about customer retention and satisfaction and helping customers achieve more. This position is a critical role in maintaining a very high level of customer satisfaction and increasing advanced product knowledge across the Customer Support organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead a world-class high-performance Support Engineering team.
- Manage escalated issues, and work closely with Customers, Product Engineering and Development.
- Develop software tools to simplify, automate and speed issue diagnosis and resolution to improve the performance of the team and increase client satisfaction.
- Define, refine, and implement standards and procedures for the Support Engineering team.
- Work closely with Support, Product and Engineering teams and provide feedback and feature changes to improve the customer experience and reduce the need to contact Customer Support.
- Be proactive and inquisitive with a clear focus on problem-solving.
- Communicate current statuses of issues and provide regular reporting.
- Manage all aspects of team delivery, including daily operations, scheduling, meetings and addressing customer feedback.
- Ensure appropriate staffing in order to continually meet established SLAs with client support.
- Mentor and improve the skills of the Support Engineers on the team.
- Coach, share regular feedback and partner with employees on career development.
- Must have flexibility with work hours and be able to provide occasional after-hours emergency support as needed.
- Identify, measure, and track metrics related to team performance; diagnose any persistent or growing risks to customer satisfaction; and drive solutions to continuously improve the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience managing software development or software support teams.
- Experience writing code and developing software with a firm understanding of SaaS applications and software development practices.
- Ability to streamline complex processes and implement workflows designed to increase efficiency.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Experience with triaging bug reports, and isolating conditions to reproduce issues.
- Excellent communications (both written and verbal) and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts and issues to individuals with varying levels of technical understanding.
- Experience working with issue-tracking software such as Target Process, Zendesk, Salesforce.
- Prior experience with a high-growth internet startup company preferred.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies required.
- Health Benefits, 401(k) matching
- Excellent PTO Policy
- Catered Lunches
- Paid Parking / Paid Marta
- Flex Hours, Work From Home Options