Lead UX Designer
Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote (US)
CallRail is looking for a Lead UX Designer to join our product team and help us take our omni-channel communications product to the next level. This is a unique SaaS product that presents interesting challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Coming in at the beginning of our team’s creation, you will be an instrumental part of defining the culture as you work along-side the UX Design Manager to guide and mentor other designers. If you are a designer who loves finding creative solutions to complex user problems and gets excited about mentoring other designers, then we would love to talk with you.
To excel in this role, you will need to be a seasoned UX designer who thrives on understanding complicated systems and translating them into simple interactions and user interfaces. You feel successful not only when solving the right problems, but also when mentoring others and aligning teams to greater product vision. You excel at collaboration and have a proven ability to obtain buy-in on large projects. You may even get a thrill out of presenting! You “talk to users in your sleep” and dream about user research. You not only ask the right questions that uncover the right problems, but you are able to advocate for your solutions, and teach others how to do the same.
You’ll be supported by a leadership team that has deep product and industry knowledge, product managers who are thoughtful and UX-minded, and a technical team who has experience building successful products.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for guiding the strategic UX vision of our omni channel communications product, working closely with our UX strategy and product leadership. As our product suite expands, you will be responsible for understanding the connection points across products and the implications of their interactions. You will work alongside the UX manager to guide and mentor and enable other designers . While considering the big picture, you will also work one-on-one with a product manager to come up with creative solutions to complex problems within an agile/sprint framework:
- Advocate for the product, constantly seeking to better understand our users’ needs and ideating solutions to serve them while connecting back to company goals.
- Teach other designers how to use our user research library, explore FullStory, and collaborate with the UX Research team to ensure all designs are informed by real user experiences.
- Host strategic design thinking workshops and teach others how to do the same.
- Work with a dedicated Content Strategist to create thoughtful information architecture and implement helpful content into your designs.
- Understand the needs of the business and form relationships with other product leaders to ensure your internal users are included.
- Work with and mentor less experienced designers, sharing your skills and expertise.
- Design interfaces and interactions for new and existing features.
- Work closely with developers to implement new features.
- Look out for opportunities to make our app more intuitive and easy to use while prioritizing time-sensitive projects
- Collaborate with the design team to promote and expand design culture at CallRail.
- 8+ years of experience as a UX designer, UI designer, or in a related role.
- 2+ years mentoring other designers
- Deep understanding of design thinking and principles that you have successfully implemented for large scale thinking and small scale work
- Lead multiple complex projects for SaaS products
- A strong understanding of design fundamentals, including iconography, typography, color, and data visualization.
- Experience working with stakeholders and obtaining buy-in on design lead projects
- Proficiency in design tools, such as Figma, Sketch. Our team uses Figma.
- Proficiency in using guides.
- Experience designing for SaaS products, experience designing for responsive SaaS products is a major plus.
- Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team. You communicate clearly and listen intently. High-level presentation skills a major plus.
- Prior experience conducting user research and ability to synthesize feedback with data to guide design decisions.
- Must be able to clearly articulate and present design concepts to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving and changing environment as the team and our product grows.
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Working Remote vs. Office (UX/UI) (Including something like this is nice to have.)
In The Before Times™, our team worked 3-5 days/week out of our office located Downtown, Atlanta. We enjoyed catered lunch once a week and easy access to many local restaurants, parks, and MARTA within a few blocks. Mario Kart 8 races occurred frequently. And we often worked face-to-face in our ‘design studio’ room to share ideas, chat, and enjoy each other’s company.
Currently, we are fully remote, but plan to return to the office part-time (if located in Atlanta) when it’s safe to do so (and we feel comfortable). The UX design team will tentatively return on a limited basis (2-3 days/week) and continue to work from home the rest of the time as we are doing now. We are open to remote work, but Atlanta candidates are preferred.