CallRail is looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join our cross-functional team focusing on Product-Led Growth within our portfolio of products. This team focuses on driving increased adoption and growth of our products by making our products easier to use, particularly for first-time users. Often the technical scope of these changes is modest, but their business impact is not.
The ideal candidate for this role will be technically skilled, and find satisfaction in seeing the impact of their work on the business and in working closely with stakeholders outside of Engineering.
What You'll Do
- Deliver incredible products. We’re a product-first company, and we aren’t satisfied until we’ve built a product so clearly superior that customers have no reason to consider anything else.
- Be a strong technical contributor. As an individual contributor, you’ll write testable, maintainable, scalable code and deploy it frequently. You’ll review the code of other developers, and be open to feedback about your own.
- Prioritize delivery. Our team ships code multiple times daily, and you’ll help us deliver small continuous improvements with each iteration, if not more frequently.
- Communicate well. You'll explain your work clearly to team members, and seek feedback to build a codebase we all enjoy contributing to. You’ll keep engineering leadership apprised of important developments on your team, and areas needing attention when appropriate.
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, respectful, and collaborative. You'll support your teammates and challenge them to do their best work.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you'll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
We require you to be willing and able to do all of the things in the previous section. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We'll consider candidates who don't check all of these boxes. If you've got analogous experience or a track record of being able to pick things up quickly, please tell us in your application!
Experience with the following would be helpful:
- Writing automated unit and integration tests.
- A/B testing, or using an A/B testing framework.
- Building software-as-a-service platforms, particularly for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Developing software with security and regulatory compliance in mind.
- Reviewing the code in a way that empowers your teammates while improving our codebase.
Technologies and Tools We Use
- Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec
- Postgres, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Twilio and other telephony providers
- 100% paid medical insurance for employees
- HSA match
- 401(k) match
- Charitable giving match
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Continuing Education benefit
- Stock Options
- Generous parental leave policy
- Home office stipend
- Commuter benefits
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).