Full Stack EngineerRole has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail is a marketing technology company. We help data-driven businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving phone calls, how those calls are handled, and how those leads convert into customers. Many of our customers are small, locally-owned businesses, and CallRail’s tools help them compete in an increasingly crowded marketplace. In a nutshell, we provide smart, agile marketers the information they need to make better decisions about how to make their phone ring.
Our product is a no-contract self-service SaaS application, which means we have to earn our customers’ business every single month by providing them real value. It makes us a product-focused company comprised of people who yearn to build best-in-class software.
About the Core Features Team
Our Core Features team focuses on essential features that make the product work for customers of all sizes. As CallRail grows, we’ve found ourselves adding larger customers that need to manage hundreds or thousands of things. The Core Features team identifies actions that are tedious to perform at scale, and relentlessly pushes our product forward by focusing on the fundamentals that every user interacts with.
Some recent projects on the Core Features team include:
- Bulk management of phone numbers, users, and settings across subaccounts, which empower users to manage multiple accounts for clients of their own without needing help from our support team or our engineers.
- Creation of new user types to handle evolving use cases and streamline overall user experience.
- Better control and initial setup of 2FA.
- Improved summary report emails to help marketing agencies prove value to their clients.
We are looking for a full stack developer to join the team. This opening is for a mid-level or senior candidate.
What You'll Do
- Build great software. We take pride in the work that we do and how that work helps our customers. Our goal is to build so far superior to any alternatives that customers have no reason to consider anything else.
- Provide technical leadership. By making solid technical decisions, sharing your knowledge and expertise, and helping your colleagues improve their designs, you’ll level up the entire team.
- Prioritize delivering value for our customers. You'll focus on finding the smallest chunk of work that will help solve a problem. You’ll aim to deploy something useful with each iteration, if not more frequently.
- Communicate well. You'll explain your design choices and technical approaches clearly to your team members, and seek feedback to build a codebase we all enjoy contributing to. You’ll keep engineering leadership apprised of important developments on your team, and areas needing attention when appropriate.
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, and collaborative. You'll help support your teammates and ensure they feel included and valued.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you'll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
We require you be willing and able to do all of the things in the previous section. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We'll consider candidates who don't check all of these boxes. If you've got analogous experience or a track record of being able to pick things up quickly, please tell us in your application!
Experience with the following would be helpful:
- Writing web applications with an MVC framework, especially in Ruby on Rails.
- Writing and working with tests, especially in RSpec.
- Creating prototypes and proofs-of-concept to reduce uncertainty and risk.
- Building Software-as-a-Service platforms. Especially for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Writing software where security and regulatory compliance are critical.
- Refactoring systems to perform well at scale while still being readable and easy to maintain.
- Reviewing code in a way that empowers your teammates while improving our codebase.
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers.
Technologies and Tools We Use
- Ruby, Rails, Sidekiq, and Rspec
- Postgres, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Twilio and other telephony providers
- DataDog, HoneyBadger, Code Climate, and Semaphore
- GitHub, Slack, and Target Process