Director of Marketing and Sales OperationsRole has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail is a fast-growing marketing technology company. We help data-driven businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving phone calls, how those calls are handled, and how those leads convert into customers. We focus on serving small businesses and the marketing agencies who work for them, with CallRail’s tools helping them compete in an increasingly crowded marketplace. In a nutshell, we provide smart, agile marketers the information they need to make better decisions about how to make their phone ring.
Our product is a no-contract self-service SaaS application, which means we have to earn our customers’ business every single month by providing them real value. It makes us a product-focused company comprised of people who yearn to build, market, sell and support best-in-class software.
CallRail has been recognized for its product, growth and culture. CallRail is recognized by G2 Crowd as the leader in call tracking customer satisfaction, has been on Inc 500/5000 list 3 years running, and was honored with 2018 Best Workplace award by Inc Magazine.
The Director of Marketing and Sales Operations will be located in Atlanta, GA, and will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
The Director of Marketing and Sales Operations is responsible for driving growth and ensuring marketing/sales effectiveness by building and leveraging data strategy and technology to create a high velocity, data-driven revenue engine for CallRail. This individual will lead and build the marketing and sales tech stack, enable scalable and efficient processes, ensure a sound data strategy to deliver personalized, automated experiences, develop and deliver metrics to support marketing and sales, and continuously analyze and improve performance.
This individual will work closely with the head of demand generation to build and automate multi-channel campaigns ensuring full leverage of best-in-class technologies, and to define and measure the drivers of success. This individual will work closely with the head of sales to ensure the sales process is entirely built and enabled by Salesforce, and to help define and measure sales success. At the intersection of Marketing and Sales, the successful candidate will build and grow an efficient, cohesive, scalable, high-velocity revenue engine that drives leads and conversions of leads to customers while delivering an amazing customer experience. This individual will be responsible for the data and segmentation capabilities that are the underpinning of this engine.
The successful candidate understands and embraces the science of marketing and is driven by results.
As Director of Marketing and Sales Operations you will:
- Lead the use and development of our marketing and sales tech stack (includes administration of all marketing/sales applications including Marketo and Salesforce)
- Build standardized, measurable funnel management processes, working closely with full Marketing and Sales teams
- Manage lead data, including acquisition of data for target markets and segmentation for marketing and sales programs
- Implement data governance best practices and processes for maintaining prospect and customer data to enable segmentation and personalization strategies
- Build, execute and automate marketing programs in partnership with Demand Generation team
- Drive improved performance in all areas of marketing and sales by creating and analyzing data and creating standardized dashboards to measure performance
- Develop and maintain reporting on marketing attribution, demand waterfall, and campaign performance as well as enable all sales process reporting
- Work closely with Sales to ensure leads and contextual campaign data is routed optimally to drive success
- Design, implement, and manage a marketing/sales operations architecture that meets business objectives and accurately reflects Marketing & Sales processes
- Represent marketing/sales operations plans to a wide range of stakeholders
- Actively solicit inputs from key stakeholders regarding marketing/sales operation plans
- Have a strong understanding of underlying systems and teams that are key to marketing/sales operations success: All Marketing teams, Sales, Engineering, Marketo and Salesforce.
- Use revenue-based reporting methods for marketing activities
- Manage data flow between various Marketing, Sales, and internal databases
- Produce clear, concise process documentation for core marketing/sales operational processes
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years experience of marketing/sales operations management in a high velocity B2B SaaS company.
- Excellent leadership, strategic planning and team-building skills. Must be a hands-on leader with the ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail in execution.
- Dynamic and ability to influence people/persuade at all levels of the organization. Ability to serve effectively at the intersection of Marketing and Sales to ensure alignment and a cohesive experience through all stages of the buyer and customer journey.
- Results-driven with ability to analyze quantitative data to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI
- Extensive expertise developing and leveraging a best-in-class marketing and sales tech stack to drive results
- Proven experience leading the data strategy to drive personalized, automated digital engagement strategies
- Expertise in strategies & methods of multi-touch marketing attribution and all other marketing and sale metrics
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to effectively present key data persuasively to a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Strong ability to collaborate across teams, marketing, sales, operations and engineering.
- Proven ability to combine strong strategic abilities with a “get stuff done” approach
The successful candidate must bring intellectual, professional and personal values that align with the CallRail culture. Certain characteristics will be vital:
- Player/coach mentality: the ability to lead by example and the willingness to get his or her hands dirty.
- Extremely smart and dynamic individual with outstanding communication skills and a balanced ego
- Unquestionable integrity
- Intellectually curious
- Team-oriented. Focused on what’s right for the business, not what’s right for the individual or function; ability to build deep relationships and earn the respect of other teams
- Organizational tolerance: able to work with ambiguity and constant change
- Strong, decisive and action-oriented leadership style; ability to make, communicate, and take accountability for timely decisions
- Genuine passion for creating an outstanding customer experience
- Selfless desire to help others succeed