Director of EngineeringRole has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail is looking for a Director of Engineering to guide delivery of our market-leading call tracking and analytics product. As the first person in this role for this product, you’ll lead existing mature teams, build new ones, and enable us to scale our organization and our engineering practices while we grow both the company and our platform offerings.
A great candidate for this role will be prepared to contribute to long-range planning and roadmap development, and then be able to translate that direction into impactful projects at the product level and motivate and enable teams to deliver on them with excellence.
What You'll Do
- Grow our product. You’ll direct the continued delivery and innovation of our analytics product, and coordinate the technical roadmap in that domain.
- Help us build CallRail. As a Director of Engineering, you will help define and nurture a healthy engineering culture, and make certain it doesn’t get lost as we continue to grow. You’ll own the hiring plan for your product.
- Define and measure success. You’ll keep us accountable to the metrics and targets we select, and you’ll work to ensure we select measures that represent the results that actually matter.
- Be an effective manager and mentor. You’ll mentor and guide engineering managers and some senior technical staff, and help make sure their voices are heard.
- Communicate well. You'll give great feedback and be clear about expectations. You'll be able to translate organizational strategy into useful and meaningful direction for your teams. You’ll keep executive leadership informed of important developments, and you’ll make sure your teams understand why their work is important.
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, and collaborative. You'll help support your teammates and ensure they feel, and are, included and valued.
- Learn. You’ll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs; everyone, regardless of seniority, has room to learn.
Desired Skills & Experience
This role requires previous leadership experience as a software manager, managing multiple teams and ideally other managers. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We'll consider candidates who don't check all of these boxes.
Experience with the following makes you a better fit:
- Managing engineers and other managers
- Fostering and leading diverse, healthy teams
- Direct experience as a software developer
- Building software where security, regulatory compliance and high availability are critical
- Communicating to executive leadership, and clearly articulating vision and goals to teams
- Accountability for large-scale Software-as-a-Service products with significant customer bases and revenue
- Managing projects in an agile environment, with a focus on fast cycle times and continuous deployment. We ship to production multiple times daily
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).