DevOps EngineerRole has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build and deploy our next-generation call analytics platform. We’re looking for an infrastructure engineer who obsesses over availability and security, insists on automating everything, and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty in the application codebase to achieve these goals. You’ll bring a passion for uptime and monitoring, a background in operating Linux-based web application stacks, and a desire for expertise in cloud platforms.
In this role you’ll quickly gain deep experience deploying highly-available service-oriented web applications on AWS. Our applications and services are built in Ruby, and designed to scale. On a typical weekday we’re handling over 30,000 requests per minute with a response time near 100ms, more than 1000 concurrent phone calls, and running 100+ EC2 instances on dedicated single-tenant hardware. Our Postgres database stores 6TB of data and runs with multiple hot-standby replicas. Everything is automated via Ansible, scales automatically, and is powered by our friendly chatbot TARS. We take security seriously (and are HIPAA compliant), and we’re designed for fault tolerance at the disk, instance, and Availability Zone level.
You’ll join our Lead DevOps Engineer and our CTO to help us scale this infrastructure as we double its volume this year and continue that into the future. You’ll also be responsible for some on-call duties in this role. Our development team follows continuous deployment practices that allow us to do zero-downtime deploys during regular business hours, but some amount of late-night changes are also inevitable in this type of role. We do our best to make those the exception rather than the rule. Fortunately we have a mature, robust application that rarely requires emergency attention, but incidents do occur and we’ll need you to help with first-response as appropriate.
CallRail is a team of confident self-starters, and that’s the kind of people with whom you work best. We move quickly and need our infrastructure to respond to match. We’ll back you up with a leadership team that has deep product and industry knowledge, a UX and design team that crafts experiences our competitors can’t match, and a technical team with a proven track record of delivering successful products.
What We Work On
- A suite of Ansible scripts that automate provisioning, deployment, backups, and DR testing
- A chatbot that handles deployments and staging configuration management for our development team
- Monitoring tools to measure performance and behavior and alert us to abnormalities before downtime occurs
- A fleet of services that power the main customer-facing application
- A custom-built CDN and multi-geography deployment
- Tooling to support multiple staging, QA, and demo environments for our internal teams
How We Work
The list below is buzzword bingo for the tools we use every day. You should enjoy working with these tools, and have the experience to prove it. As we grow, we’ll be looking to add to our toolchest, and we’d love to hear your thoughts on how we can solve some of our bigger looming challenges.
- Ansible, CloudFormation, EC2, ELB, EBS, S3, VPC, DynamoDB
- Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, Redshift
- DataDog, InfluxDB, Grafana, Honeybadger, PagerDuty
- Ruby, Rails, Twilio, Bandwidth, Telnyx
- RSpec, SemaphoreCI
- GitHub, Slack, TargetProcess
At CallRail, we’re passionate about a lot of things, like our tight-knit team, Mario Kart tournaments, and weekly company lunches, just to name a few.
But what really unites us is our main mission, which is providing marketing analytics technology that empowers data-driven businesses. Our users are smart and agile marketers, and we strive to bring those values to our products — CallRail is an easy-to-use app that helps marketers understand how their campaigns are driving calls and converting leads, and which channels are performing best.
We believe in the power of group collaboration and we also make plenty of room for individual unconventional wisdom. And we must be doing something right, because in 2016 CallRail was ranked as one of the fastest-growing companies on both the INC 500 and the Deloitte Fast 500.
- Heath, dental and vision
- Competitive salary and company ownership
- Results-only environment
- Untracked vacation policy
- 401k with company matching program
- Top-shelf Apple hardware
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Fully stocked kitchen and regular team lunches
- Fun, talented coworkers with a wide variety of interests