ControllerRole has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail is looking to hire a Controller who would report directly to our CFO to lead our growing accounting team. You will serve as our first Controller and be responsible for providing leadership that will enhance our accounting processes and financial controls.
A successful candidate should have proven experience working and succeeding in an environment of rapid growth as well as a strong desire to develop and mentor your team. This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for the big picture as well as the day to day activities.
Responsibilities include the following
- Maintaining internal control environment to ensure compliance with IFRS, corporate policies and procedures for general accounting operations, and setting up new systems and policies to support growth of company
- Managing GL, AR, AP, Billing and Payroll (incl. sales commissions) and being hands-on with the close process
- Overseeing and preparing monthly/quarterly/yearly financial statements for internal and external reporting
- Coordinating with CFO on special projects, including financial analysis
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, and other applicable taxes and regulations
- Helping to lead the audit process
- Directs the daily activities and the career development of team members, including coaching and mentoring
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field; CPA strongly preferred
- Proven working experience as a Controller
- At least 8-10 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Ideal candidate will have a background in public accounting, in the software/technology industry (preferably SaaS)
- Experience in managing people and teams
- Experience in M&A and/or fundraising
- Experience in payroll and commission-calculation
- Strong leader with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Excellent with Excel and experience with QuickBooks
- Competitive salary, bonus, and commissions
- Stock option program
- 401k with matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Results only work environment
- Untracked vacation policy
- Fully stocked kitchen and regular team lunches
- Top shelf Apple hardware
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Beautiful office in downtown Atlanta
- Fun, talented coworkers with a wide variety of interests
CallRail is a marketing technology company that helps data-driven businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving phone calls, how those calls are handled once received, and how those leads convert into customers. In a nutshell, we provide smart agile marketers the information they need to make smarter decisions about how to make their phone ring.
What We Believe
- Life is more than work. Though we work hard, we value balance. Like you, we expect to spend our evenings and weekends with friends and family.
- Results matter. Work isn’t where you are or how long you spent; it’s what you accomplish. If you work best at home, at a coffee shop, or at the beach – we’re on board with that.
- Be entrepreneurial at heart. You should see the big picture and understand the problems we solve. You’ll drive your own projects, so you’ll need to be independent and self-motivated.
- Optimize for happiness. We believe that happy people are the most effective people. We take pride in our products, and believe that a fulfilling career contributes to a happy life.