Content Marketing Director
CallRail serves over 100,000 companies with straightforward software. Our marketing attribution platform helps businesses of all sizes, and the agencies that serve them, to maximize their marketing impact by tracing all their conversations back to the marketing efforts that drove them.
Our team has been honored numerous times as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work, Inc 500’s fastest-growing companies, and G2Crowd’s top-rated inbound call tracking platform. While we’re proud of our history so far, we’re even more excited about what’s next. We’re rethinking how marketing attribution is done for hundreds of thousands of businesses, and we can’t wait for you to help us build it!
The Content Marketing Director will lead all content marketing, content strategy and SEO initiatives at CallRail. Reporting into the VP of Demand Marketing, the position will manage a team of four writers, editors, and SEO experts.
The Content Marketing Director will be responsible for developing and executing content strategies and marketing efforts that drive brand awareness and engagement with CallRail at all stages of the B2B buyer and customer journey.
The Content Marketing Director will empower a team focused on ideating and writing content across a number of mediums designed to help CallRail’s base of small business prospects and customers grow their understanding of marketing and how CallRail can help.
The Content Marketing Director will constantly seek to align and refine a content marketing strategy to an evolving understanding of who CallRail customers are, what pain points they bring into a buying decision, and what stages exist in their particular journey toward conversion –– publishing, editing and sometimes writing content to this end.
What You'll Do
- Lead all content efforts including strategy, conception, production and distribution
- Develop, refine and scale a robust content strategy that allows for a team of internal and external contributors to efficiently create helpful, rich content in a timely manner
- Define and cross-functionally communicate success metrics for all content initiatives, aligned to company goals. Track performance to ensure content marketing plans deliver expected business outcomes
- Continuously and obsessively learn and study the CallRail product to better understand and communicate how it works and what problems it solves. Seek time with internal subject matter experts, like leadership and product managers, to best inform this perspective
- Work with team members and demand generation and product marketing stakeholders to execute CallRail’s content strategy for ensuring engaging content is created for all buyer personas in defined verticals across every stage of the buyer’s journey
- Engage in conversations with front-line teams and other groups in the marketing department to determine content needed and the ideal mediums for delivering the content
- Collaborate with CallRail’s UX Content team to ensure a cohesive experience for prospects and customers across all marketing channels, including the website, into the CallRail application itself
- Define scalable processes for content creation including cross-team collaboration and proper resourcing. Manage the editorial strategy and maintain a content calendar
- Build and cultivate relationships with customers, prospects and industry experts
- Stay attuned to content marketing trends and best practices
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in content marketing
- Creativity in ideating content
- Experience with video
- Foundational SEO knowledge
- Experience in SaaS preferred, SMB and/or B2B marketing a plus
- Strong editorial governance and grasp on modern, web-driven English
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Ability to measure and monitor the results of initiatives and programs
- Ability to be both a prolific creator of high-quality content and also a great content strategist
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience managing a team, preferably a content/SEO one
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skills with an ability to simplify messaging and use structure & emphasis to tell a compelling and engaging story
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, including Demand Generation, Brand, Design and Product Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or English preferred
- Health Benefits, 401(k) matching
- Excellent PTO Policy
- Stock Options
- Catered Lunches
- Paid Parking / Paid Marta
- Flex Hours