Business Intelligence Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
CallRail is looking for a hands-on Business Intelligence Manager to lead the technical direction of the front-end team, mentor junior associates, and own the internal BI platform. This role will report to the Sr. Director of Business Intelligence. You will work closely with the backend data team as well as different department leads across the company.
In this role you will spend 50% of your time as an individual contributor performing various assignments such as gathering and understanding business requirements, creating documentation, building reports, designing dashboards, creating scorecards, establishing KPIs, and writing intermediate to advanced SQL queries to pull data for analysis.
You will allocate 30% of your time to developing and maintaining the front-end BI strategy which includes ownership of the tools, architecture and design of the semantic BI layer, and structure of the analytical layer to facilitate self service experience for our internal users. In this role you’ll spend time establishing partnerships with business stakeholders in order to understand and help achieve their objectives and targets.
The rest of the time will be spent mentoring and leading the team as well as prioritizing work to maximize efficiency.
What You'll Do
- Work in the data warehouse environment which includes data structures (schemas and tables), SQL and ETL code, data logic, security, performance, DR, processes, and documentation
- Design and develop dimensional, tabular, and relational data models utilizing various data sources and business domains (knowledge of dimensional modeling is required)
- Build out the semantic reporting layer
- Advise management on tools and technologies
- Create technical documentation for system operations and processes
- Design, develop, and own ETL jobs utilizing tools and custom scripting
- Understand business use cases, gather requirements, and create comprehensive documentation and plans
- Lead the technical direction of the team and mentor junior associates
- Drive projects and be accountable for end deliverables
- Own front-end business intelligence tools and platforms
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible format to inform weekly, monthly and quarterly business reporting
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop solutions for trending, segmentation, classification, optimization, etc.
- Interact with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and share findings from deep-dive analyses
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross-functional teams
- Design and implement analytical solutions that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights utilizing business intelligence tools such as Looker
- Suggest and implement improvements in the tools, processes, and techniques to help optimize and scale the team
- In-depth understanding of business intelligence and data warehousing goals and principles
- Expert knowledge of database concepts and data flow processes between systems
- In-depth understanding of data modeling and design principles: conceptual, logical, and physical
- Expert at writing complex SQL queries
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or analytics field
- 3+ years of experience with one of the BI tools (Looker, Tableau, Business Objects or Power BI)
- 2+ years of experience leading projects and mentoring junior associates
- Experience with Looker is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of one of the BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Business Objects, Power BI, etc.
- Experience interacting with business stakeholders, gathering and documenting business requirements
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate with business and technical teams
- In-depth understanding of dimensional, tabular, and relational data models utilizing various data sources and business domains (knowledge of dimensional modeling is required)
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).