Accounting ManagerRole has been filled by a talented individual
CallRail is a marketing technology company. We help data-driven businesses understand which of their marketing campaigns are driving phone calls, how those calls are handled, and how those leads convert into customers. Many of our customers are small, locally-owned businesses, and CallRail’s tools help them compete in an increasingly crowded marketplace. In a nutshell, we provide smart, agile marketers the information they need to make better decisions about how to make their phone ring.
Our product is a no-contract self-service SaaS application, which means we have to earn our customers’ business every single month by providing them real value. It makes us a product-focused company comprised of people who yearn to build best-in-class software.
About the Accounting Team
Supports monthly financial close and reporting requirements both internal and external. Provides critical data and analysis to executive management and department heads to support both organization-wide and company-specific decision-making.
What You'll Do
This position supports the CallRail Controller’s oversight of the Company’s Accounting function with respect to several areas such as: SAAS revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial reporting, and the financial audit. The position interacts with various departments throughout the company to resolve payable and receivable issues as well as reporting financial results and general ledger activity.
- Directly supports CallRail’s Controller, CFO and Executive Team
- Supports and directs work of Staff Accountant
- Assist Controller with audit readiness of CallRail
- Assist Controller in completing monthly close activities, including journal entries, monthly schedules and reconciliation work
- Determine the key drivers of variances versus last year results and YTD trends.
- Make recommendations to Controller to improve close efficiency
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses by analyzing results and making recommendations
- Good understanding and knowledge of US GAAP
- Good understanding and knowledge of internal control processes and procedures
- Understanding of SAAS environment and revenue recognition
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to support in the development of the budgeting and forecasting process
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CPA Required
- 4-6 years of Accounting Experience, with at least 1 year supervisory experience
- Knowledge of general GAAP accounting standards and rules
- GL Management experience required
- Experience working in a SAAS accounting organization a plus
- Proven ability to influence and support Senior Leadership
- Expert level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Candidate needs to be a self-starter with good organization skills and able to work in a fast paced