WordPress Plugin for Call Tracking
Our easy-to-install WordPress plugin allows you to dynamically swap the phone number displayed on your website depending on where the visitor came from.
For example, if you have three tracking numbers: visitors from Google Adwords, visitors from Yahoo PPC, and visitor from Bing PPC — just install the WordPress plugin and we’ll automatically replace the phone number on your website with the appropriate tracking phone number.
How to Install
- Login at https://app.callrail.com/
- Select the company account appropriate company account (if you have multiple companies).
- Select “WordPress” under the “Integration” menu (keep this page open, you’ll need the ID in a minute).
- Download the WordPress plugin.
- Upload the plugin to your server, or install it via your WordPress control panel.
- In WordPress, go to “CallRail” under the “Settings” menu.
- Add the ID from step 3 and update. Your CallRail plugin is now active!
Verifying That It Works
Once you’ve installed the CallRail WordPress plugin, you may want to confirm that it works. Here’s how:
- To verify the number swapping works as expected:
- Clear your cookies or open a different browser. (This is because CallRail bases the visitors source on their first visit, and it’s likely that as the webmaster, you’ve already visited the website through a different source than we’re testing.)
- Navigate to the website via the tracked traffic source. For example, if you’re tracking Google Organic traffic, do a Google search for a keyword that your site appears for. Click the link.
- Navigate to a page which contains your phone number. It should show the tracking number.
Good to Know
- The WordPress plugin detects multiple number formats, including: 111-222-3333, 111.222.3333, and (111) 222-3333.
- The WordPress plugin will not detect phone numbers contained in images. For instructions on how to do this, please refer to the documentation on “Image Replacement”.